Talk

Advanced search

Water based moisturisers?

(8 Posts)
mr405 Mon 06-Jul-15 19:38:39

So I've posted on here about my problem skin before, went to the doctor today who prescribed me some acne treatment

She told me to use a water based moisturiser as the solution will really dry out my skin and oil based moisturisers could actually make my skin worse

Got home to discover the two moisturisers I use are oil based! Can anyone recommend any good water based moisturisers? I don't want to spend loads of money but want a good quality one.

Thanks in advance!

Coastingit Mon 06-Jul-15 20:20:52

Cerave PM. Available from Amazon.

FrugalFashionista Mon 06-Jul-15 20:21:43

This moisturizer is magic for my skin. I go for water and glycerin and slicone mixtures, the don't clog my pores. If you start reading the ingredient lists, avoid stuff with paraffinum liquidum, petrolatum and various plant oils listed as the first 3-5 ingredients. Lanolin is the oil in lambswool.

Kundry Mon 06-Jul-15 20:31:48

Cerave PM. Sadly only available from Amazon in UK. It's amazing for acne-prone skin, or in fact any skin. Water based, lots of ceramides so helps heal your skin as they improve skin barrier function, lots of niacinamide wich is great for acne, lots of hyaluronic so v hydrating.

Love it, don't think I'll ever try another smile

U2TheEdge Mon 06-Jul-15 20:34:16

I use Cerave PM after Kundry suggested it for me.

It really is great.

mr405 Mon 06-Jul-15 21:57:33

Fab, thanks for the suggestions smile

GrimDamnFanjo Wed 08-Jul-15 00:49:03

Dermalogica do one too. I think it's called barrier repair?

Doobigetta Wed 08-Jul-15 17:55:46

Aren't all moisturisers an emulsion of oil and water?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now