Talk

Advanced search

Hats for the summer

(7 Posts)
Ifyoubuildit Wed 01-Jul-15 06:55:03

Do you have one?

What is it like and where is it from?

I've never been successful at finding a casual summer hat that doesn't make me look like my mum

thomashardon Wed 01-Jul-15 11:48:53

I have several which I wear throughout the summer (not all at the same time!). My favourite style is cloche, as the brim gives good coverage on my face, but isn't too big and bulky. I tend to buy them from M&S because it is convenient for me, and they offer different sizes.

I have bought this one for the last few years. If I don't like the scarf, I replace with a wide grosgrain ribbon.

It depends what kind of activities you are doing - I would wear a hat with a wider brim for the beach, but prefer cloche style for everyday. I absolutely hate hats that have a brim like this, they give you very little protection from the sun hmm and I think they are quite a frumpy/dated style.

Over the last few weeks I have spotted some really nice wider brim hats in H&M, Boots, and Sainsbury's.

Fatstacks Wed 01-Jul-15 11:50:01

I have two Tilley hats, a blue one and a beige after seeing them recommended on mnet I'm thrilled with them.

thomashardon Wed 01-Jul-15 11:50:29

Oh poo, not sure what happened to the links as they worked in preview!

Nettletheelf Wed 01-Jul-15 15:25:16

I've got a straw sun visor from M&S. I'm wearing it now. It looks surprisingly cool.

GrimDamnFanjo Wed 01-Jul-15 17:17:06

I have a Tilley hat too, I think they may be an acquired taste but I love mine!

Sammasati Wed 01-Jul-15 23:25:50

Another tilly hat fan here smile, I also love my brixham chocolate straw medium brimmed hat, which I wear with the front of the brim pinned up with a silver 1920 broach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now