Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me find a dress like this?

(6 Posts)
OvertiredandConfused Mon 08-Jun-15 23:04:38

I have a go-to dress that I love for work but can also be dressed up (albeit not terribly excitingly) for other occasions. It fits, flatters and is my safe option. And it's navy blue. As a "cool blue autumn" this is important!

Dry cleaners have ruined it angry. It's currently en route to their "technical department" for a full assessment and report on how it happened. Not much use to me.

I need to find a replacement but can only find it in black here.

I'm tall, 5'10", and need it to come to my knees and be completely plain. Any ideas? Obviously, I intend to get the dry cleaners to replace. The original was about £50 although I'm happy to push for more if it's a reasonable replacement and there's no appropriate, cheaper alternative

EvilTwins Mon 08-Jun-15 23:10:38

Hobbs - bit pricier though.

OvertiredandConfused Tue 09-Jun-15 00:05:51

Do like that Hobbs one, but it's linen so expect it will crease and not look sleek after a four hour journey to present at a conference!

Chancewouldbefinething Tue 09-Jun-15 00:41:15

http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/closet-vent-detail-midi-dress-navy/p1967553?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_29#page_loaded

OvertiredandConfused Tue 09-Jun-15 11:40:02

That looks VERY promising Chance, thank you. I've ordered it to try as it's online only. Will keep you posted....

Chancewouldbefinething Tue 09-Jun-15 18:14:03

Oh good. I was worried the link hadn't worked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now