Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Revlon 24hr Foundation

(9 Posts)
PolaDeVeboise Sun 07-Jun-15 19:51:16

Anyone use the above and found that their skin broke out in angry red spots? I love it as a foundation, but I'm having to head back to Max Factor.

Thurlow Sun 07-Jun-15 19:55:46

It's definitely made me spottier. But then I've always been lax about taking my make up off before bed, and as this lasts so long I blamed it on that and try to take it off most nights.

PolaDeVeboise Sun 07-Jun-15 20:06:43

Thurlow, I'm religious about taking mine off every night, even after a late one, I'm sure there's something in it that doesn't agree with me. Perhaps what makes it stay put?

Blueberrymuffint0p Sun 07-Jun-15 21:05:11

Ah! That explains my skin at the moment. I've been loving this foundation but my skins getting quite spotty-I thought it was the fake tan I'd been using.

Can you recommend a good alternative? Which max factor one do you use?

PolaDeVeboise Mon 08-Jun-15 16:42:33

Hi Blueberry, I mainly used Max Factor 'Face Finity' in the past but thought I would give the Revlon one a go, following recommendations on here. Like you, I really like it but, it would appear, my skin doesn't sad

Blueberrymuffint0p Mon 08-Jun-15 19:43:20

Thanks pola,I've got another whopping spot on my chin today and a few blocked pores on my cheeks so I'm going to have to try something else which is such a shame.

Is the face finity a good coverage?

PolaDeVeboise Mon 08-Jun-15 19:56:09

Not quite as good as the Colourstay, but it's a primer, concealer and foundation all in one. Would rather have less coverage on better skin grin

Blueberrymuffint0p Mon 08-Jun-15 20:04:06

Sounds worth a try. Thanks for the suggestion and for starting this thread!

PolaDeVeboise Mon 08-Jun-15 21:07:22

Pleasure. Basically, 100% of the respondents to the 'survey' have agreed their skin has got worse, so worth it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: