Alternatives to cardigans

(14 Posts)
Itwontletmenamechange Sat 30-May-15 09:56:09

I'm looking for an alternative to cardigans as I just seem to look very frumpy in them. I'm quite a cold person so tend to layer up a lot. Normal style is quite plain at work and jeans/loose tops for casual. Have a few structured Blazers but for me they're too formal for sitting in soft play or doing the shopping

Colours would be navy or grey ideally although would love a really bright red or coral if not too expensive. Budget around £20-30 or s really really nice one for about £50-60

Thanks

frankietwospots Sat 30-May-15 10:31:14

Bit out of budget but worth it:

www.whistles.com/women/clothing/coats-jackets/double-faced-marl-jacket-20302.html?dwvar_double-faced-marl-jacket-20302_color=Navy#start=1

These jackets are soft and almost knitted in texture. Really lovely and go with anything, so an investment really!

GoingHomeNow Sat 30-May-15 15:43:19

Feel your pain. Was hoping this would garner more attention - I'm stuck too!

gerbiltamer Sat 30-May-15 15:49:05

I have just bought a jersey blazer in the Uniqlo sale. It arrived today, drapes well and is very soft indeed.

TheAwfulDaughter Sat 30-May-15 15:57:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Greengardenpixie Sat 30-May-15 17:04:38

kimono, nice blouse - open, pashmina, denim jacket.

Snowflake15 Sat 30-May-15 17:09:17

I wear a lot of thin type bomber jackets - I have some from Primark and Asos, think it goes really well with a top and jeans

Loafline Sat 30-May-15 17:10:22

I can't wear cardigans either - they are frumpster hell on me. I buy a lot of jackets, not blazers though as i feel like Princess Diana, sloanyville in mine. I wear a lot of vests. Bomber style works for me.

Jersey blazers, like the Whistles one posted below, look awful on me - too long, I think.

I wear either a cropped denim jacket (but only with skirts or black jeans/trousers), or a black cotton bomber jacket, or a cropped black cotton cardigan (cropped ones are easier to wear, I think). I'm still looking for something grey, in cotton - a biker would be best for me, but am yet to find one I like enough.

Itwontletmenamechange Sat 30-May-15 18:04:50

Oh what's unique sizing like?

I really fancy a jersey biker but can't find one =(

Itwontletmenamechange Sat 30-May-15 18:05:01

Uniqlo even

TheAwfulDaughter Sat 30-May-15 20:33:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

gerbiltamer Sat 30-May-15 20:59:39

Uniqlo sizing is odd, I agree. My XL says that it's a 40-41 inches. I am a 36F and it fits me well.

KanyesVest Sat 30-May-15 21:08:36

I would love something similar but finding it difficult to get anything that fits properly. I saw a couple of possibilities on Vera Moda earlier in the week, there's a lovely cotton bomber you might be interested in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now