Talk

Advanced search

Classic bag

(13 Posts)
Eggstravaganza Thu 28-May-15 09:23:15

I have up to about £900-£1k of hard earned long saved cash that I would like to spend on a designer bag. I would love suggestions on what others would buy/have as this is a once in a lifetime purchase. Thanks

Dancergirl Thu 28-May-15 10:24:44

I've never spent that much on a bag, I've got a few up to about the £300 mark - Marc by Marc Jacobs, LK Bennett and Coach. I've also got a Mulberry Anthony messenger that was about £500.

However for that sort of money, I've got my eye on this:

www.johnlewis.com/mulberry-kensington-small-grab-bag/p1756044?colour=Mole%20Grey

WhiteWriting Thu 28-May-15 13:13:28

Long term bag addict here...I would go for something without shouty branding such as Anya Hindmarch bags (so gorgeous and they always have a fair selection on The Outnet.com). Bottega Veneta are buttery soft as are Campomaggio. Mimi Berry will make one to your spec if you don't like the colour/leather permutations you see on the website. Fendi are tres chere but never go out of style. HTH.

lemonteaplease Thu 28-May-15 13:33:19

Mulberry Bayswater
Louis Vutton Speedy / Neverfull in either Azur / Ebene
Hope this helps smile

gonegrey56 Thu 28-May-15 13:36:48

Tory Burch have some lovely classic styles. I have a beautiful pale grey one that is still pristine after years of use and I still adore the elegant simplicity of it.
If you can get to Bicester Village in Oxfordshire your hard earned cash would go much further and there is a wide choice .

CarolBornAMan Thu 28-May-15 13:41:51

my new bag crush is Tissa Fontaneda - beautiful leather, classic and yet unusual

EuphemiaCoxton Thu 28-May-15 15:09:08

A Launer.
They only make 30 a month or so.
Handmade. British. Classic. Beautiful. Understated. Classy.
If it's good enough for the queen......

sphynx Thu 28-May-15 19:23:21

Prada or Louis Vuitton Alma BB in Epi leather. Also Anya Hindmarch Ebury or Maxi zip satchel.

Eggstravaganza Thu 28-May-15 20:03:04

Wow, sincere thanks all. I've never heard if a lot of these so I'm going to start some serious Internet research. smile

sphynx Thu 28-May-15 20:18:20

Have a look at 'The Purse Forum' for modeling pics and reviews on designer bags. It is a friendly and helpful forum for handbag lovers!

Coastingit Thu 28-May-15 20:26:41

That Mulberry bag is lovely!

If it were me, I'd probably get either a Mulberry Lily or a Gucci bamboo tote or maybe a Tods D bag ...

Dancergirl Tue 09-Jun-15 08:30:40

Did you decide on anything OP?

cressetmama Tue 09-Jun-15 09:27:34

I'd have to second Tissa Fontaneda; they are divine and if I ever were to splurge big time on arm candy....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now