Talk

Advanced search

How long does a decent haircut take?

(8 Posts)
EmmalinaC Tue 19-May-15 13:18:00

Just wondering really. We had a mobile hairdresser come last night, whe's been coming for a while and gets quicker every time!

Last night she spent approx 6 minutes cutting my hair and about 5 minutes drying it - it's a jaw length bob, fine, slightly way, she cut a few layers in. It doesn't look great tbh

She then did both DDs - both have long hair, so just a trim.

She was in and out in under 25 minutes for all three of us and charged £30.

Is it possible to give decent haircuts in that sort of time?

I'm aware that in salons there's probably a fair bit of faffing around, washing conditioning, drinking tea etc to eek out the whole experience and which justifies the price but I'm thinking at £30 for less than half an hour's work (and my electricity for the brief blow dry!) she's taking the piss a bit.

What do you think?

cuntyMcCunterson Tue 19-May-15 13:58:46

That seems a bit quick to me! I used to get my hair cut at home and while it was quicker than going to a salon it took 40mins for a cut and blow dry.

anorakgirl Tue 19-May-15 14:00:10

I have a mobile hairdresser and it takes around 40-50 mins, I have shoulder length hair and that is for a cut and blow dry!

Kennington Tue 19-May-15 18:02:37

I noticed in the UK salons take forever whereas when in France they take about 40 mins for a cut and blow dry, max. I get it done over there now.

PandaMummyofOne Tue 19-May-15 18:05:35

I don't think so, but then I have very long, thick hair.

My hairdresser takes 30 minutes just cutting mine. Not to mention the three hour dye

prettywhiteguitar Tue 19-May-15 18:05:46

Well it might be quick but £30 for all three of you is a total bargain so I'm not massively surprised.

I pay £15 each for the dc and then £35 for me

SwedishEdith Tue 19-May-15 18:12:35

I have had a great cut from someone who seemed to send about 5 minutes just half-heartedly cutting. But, I think she was just a skilled hairdresser and knew what she was doing to my boring hairstyle. But, 25 minutes for all 3 of you - no, I'd think about changing.

monkeysaymoo Tue 19-May-15 20:14:12

Mine allows an hour but I pay £30. I really do think you get what you pay for with hairdressers but yours does sound like she's taking the piss. I would find someone else even when I had cropped hair cuts took longer than that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now