Talk

Advanced search

I don't know how to dress myself anymore! Please help!

(3 Posts)
andthentherewere4 Fri 01-May-15 20:41:23

I'm 34 and have a 1.5 yr old. Also 18 weeks pregnant with DC2.

Since my first pregnancy I've just hd absolutely no idea how to put an outfit together. It's not so much about having a bump as I've been the same without bump - I just don't know what looks good, what goes together - nothing. I end up wearing skinny jeans and tshirts, no accessories, no hair style, I just feel absolutely awful about myself - confidence now at zero.

I don't even know where to shop anymore. Please help me before I lose myself completely. Thanks!!!

winterwalks Sat 02-May-15 01:02:13

I'm not brilliant with style but you could book an appointment with a John Lewis personal shopper.
Just a few key fashion pieces can make you feel better.
How about a new bag - big enough to take all the stuff for your little one but this seasons and the latest sandals
Dearer but after the baby - house of colour colour analysis and then style day was very useful for me.
Pininterest is also very good - just put in pregnancy style
Good luck

Itscurtainsforyou Sat 02-May-15 09:21:14

I second the idea of a new bag you really like.
Can you book a hair appointment and get a restyle or something that will make you feel more confident? I can also recommend going to a make up counter and asking for advice/makeover.

How about Pinterest to look for outfits you like the look of for inspiration? I tend to do that. And perhaps a new jacket for the summer/autumn (that you can wear unfastened while pregnant)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now