Advanced search

Can someone recommend a good waist cincher?

(8 Posts)
ElsaShmelsa Wed 14-Jan-15 12:40:56

I am a size 12 but never really have a trim waist. Naturally I don't...

I have bought a nice dress for my brother's wedding in may and would like to pull my waist in a bit. I can sort the bra and pants bit so I don't need an all-in-one thing, but just the waist cincher. Not only do I need advice on where to get one but also the sizing... do I get one my current size or do they come up smaller/bigger.

Any advice gratefully received.

ElsaShmelsa Thu 15-Jan-15 07:03:11

ThreeBecameFour Thu 15-Jan-15 08:00:11

Rigby & Peller have a good selection and can advise. Plus the likes of John Lewis/Bravissimo?

Thistledew Thu 15-Jan-15 08:14:51

It depends on your budget and the standard of garment you want, but if you are looking for a top quality item that will give you an amazing shape, be completely comfortable and look great too, then I can recommend someone who will make a made to measure girdle for you.

I had one made as part of my wedding outfit, and I have worn it on almost every dressy occasion since.

Pandsbear Thu 15-Jan-15 14:40:08

Something's like this from What Katie did? waspie

XinaW Thu 15-Jan-15 21:42:06

Kiss Me Deadly...the best lingerie out there.

There is a sale on at Joanna's Wardrobe and there are some waist cinched so there from a number of good companies, including KMD stuff.

McFox Thu 15-Jan-15 21:45:41

Yes to kiss me deadly, their Vargas longline cincher gives a fantastic shape.

CeeceeBloomingdale Fri 16-Jan-15 12:14:05

I had a waspie from m&s. It was cheap enough and effective but as I'm Apple shaped I needed one or two sizes bigger than I normally wear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now