Talk

Advanced search

Military style coat - buy now or wait till next year?

(7 Posts)
Dancergirl Sun 11-Jan-15 16:44:46

I've decided I would like a new smart coat and I really like the double breasted military style.

The coat season is coming to an end so I'm not sure whether to see if I can get a sale bargain or wait till early next autumn.

I like the Hobbs Apperley coat but it's pretty much sold out. There is also one in Austin Reed which is in the sale.

Any suggestions? I am a top heavy size 12.

LadyLuck10 Sun 11-Jan-15 16:47:20

I would buy it now. Why wait when you can enjoy your lovely coat. Live in the moment smile

Dancergirl Sun 11-Jan-15 16:51:18

Ok, opinions then please!

www.austinreed.co.uk/fcp/product/austinreed/Coats/Signature-Black-Asymmetric-Collar-Coat/16746

Buy now, in the sales It'll be big coat weather until at least the end of March!

Dancergirl Sun 11-Jan-15 16:55:59

I have also found the Hobbs Apperley coat on a website which is showing in stock. It won't let me post the link but it's stgabrielmc.org, anyone heard of them?

SunshinePanda Sun 11-Jan-15 17:52:19

I have a single breasted grey coat a bit like that which I've had a few years. It always looks on trend every year as military always seems to be a key look and yes winter lasts for ages yet. Buy it! grin

Merriboo Sun 11-Jan-15 19:37:01

I like the asymmetric collar detail on the Austin reed coat- and the touch of cashmere, so that's the one of those I think I would go for.
I like. Hobbs generally, and I think I've seen the Apperley- it's quite a dark brown?? I like the style and that it's pure wool but IIRC it felt quite coarse- depends whether you mind that? It would probably feel a little scratchy for me which is why I would choose the AR one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now