Talk

Advanced search

Which brands of boots will fit my chunky calves?

(14 Posts)
OrangesLemons Sun 28-Dec-14 07:50:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

coolaschmoola Sun 28-Dec-14 07:52:08

Next low wedge boots, come in black and brown, gloriously comfortable and £80 a pair. They are pull on though, no zip.

reallystuckonthisone Sun 28-Dec-14 07:53:57

Evans. I get all my (cheaper) pairs of boots there. I find that Next, Clark's etc sometimes do what they call wide leg boots but frankly, they are barely wider than the normal ones.

Rosa Sun 28-Dec-14 07:56:33

I went to the Duo shop especially to get a pair of boots was SOOOO disapointed. My calves are not massive but a bit big. Was measured and 1 pair fitted on calves but my heel came out when I walked. i was told that the other boots were narrower so I probably wouldn't fit them . So I wasn't offered any others to try. I got a pair from M&S. ...Debenhams had loads but I wanted a more soilid pair and I wanted to see/try rather than buy online.

OrangesLemons Sun 28-Dec-14 08:01:27

OrangesLemons Sun 28-Dec-14 08:04:57

OrangesLemons Sun 28-Dec-14 08:08:43

reallystuckonthisone Sun 28-Dec-14 08:10:29

They are nice but I agree - £85 is pricy for plastic. Evans similar styles were £45-65 when I was looking 2-3 weeks ago.

Chocolateteabag Sun 28-Dec-14 08:33:44

M&S boots are plastic and £49 but very good fake leather. They are wide enough to fit my calves which can't quite do most pairs of normal boots.

crapcrapcrapcrap Sun 28-Dec-14 08:38:58

I feel your pain, my calves are huuuuge. Three years ago now I picked up some flat knee high biker boots from ASDA for less than £30 and they're real leather so they've stretched where they needed to. No idea what they have now but I'd buy another pair in a blink (if the original ones weren't still going strong!) smile

Pipbin Sun 28-Dec-14 08:45:09

My calves are huge. The embarrassment when ones from Evans didn't fit!
My ones I have now came from Clarks a few years ago. I was so excited to find ones that fit that I bought two pairs in different colours.
They were £100 a pair but have lasted at least 5 years.
They have two elasticated panels in them.

OrangesLemons Sun 28-Dec-14 16:04:08

EricIsMine Sun 28-Dec-14 20:20:17

Sainsburys have lovely leather boots in their TU range which fit a wider calf due to some discreet elastic panels ... I have flat ones in black and brown and also a heeled pair in black - they're great and very hard wearing smile

LumionaMoonsplash Sun 28-Dec-14 20:25:19

I got 2 pairs from Yours. I love having Knee high bootsfor the first time in my life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now