Talk

Advanced search

Oh balls, it's the office Christmas party

(3 Posts)
CalamityJones Wed 10-Dec-14 05:40:44

Next Friday. And I need an outfit. Professional environment so everyone dresses quite smartly - I'm late 30's, size 12, 5'8, very good legs. There's nothing in my wardrobe that feels quite right. I'm thinking something like www.pinterest.com/pin/269090146460646380/ or www.pinterest.com/pin/531284087261932136/ with Pistols- nice? Boring? Bit mutton-y? And where the hell can I buy it?

Looks great!

No help with the skirt I'm afraid as have been looking for a gold sequin tube skirt for ages. Mango have a black one. I thought new look might be doing them again but not as far as I can see.

RojaGato Wed 10-Dec-14 19:09:03

Don't think it looks muttony at all. I am late 30s and wear short sparkly skirts. I love sequins dressed down as daywear especially.

Have this one which goes with loads and dress up and down easily:
uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.11/6410186116

Tried this zara one one and it is lovely and very good quality for the money. I'm 5'4" so it was a bit long for me and couldn't see how I could shorten it without spoiling it. You're a good bit taller than me so it could work
www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/skirts/mini/sequinned-miniskirt-c498017p2359544.html

Saw the dress version of this in French Connection at the weekend. It is lovely, but what the picture doesn't show ell it that sequins are holographic with a red contrast when it catches the light right, so it's very va-va voom if you want to go really full on. It does add an extra dimension tot he sparkle though, gives it some real depth.
www.frenchconnection.com/product/Woman+Collections+Skirts+and+Shorts/73CPR/Cosmic+Sparkle+Mini+Skirt.htm

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now