Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gel Nails UV Lamp - anyone in the know?!

(9 Posts)
honeyistoosweet Mon 24-Nov-14 20:47:57

I am looking for a good quality UV lamp so i can do my own gel manicures at home. I usually have shellac/OPI done in the salon every few weeks and it costs a fortune.

I have a Sally's trade card but they only have one with very mixed reviews. I don't really know what I am looking for and I've heard there are two types? Can anyone shed any light on this, point me in the right direction. I'd be very grateful...

TIA!

There is UV or LED. LED is newer and faster - I bought mine on Amazon and it works great!

honeyistoosweet Mon 24-Nov-14 21:36:24

Oh okay thanks! That's great to know - and can I use that with all the well known brands - Gellish, Shellac, Opi etc?

Maverick66 Mon 24-Nov-14 21:58:18

The sensationail one from Boots is brilliant. Very compact. They may do an offer on it for Christmas . I got dd one last year in early December on offer.

Yup, I have this one which I've used with a few brands.

QueenMas Mon 24-Nov-14 22:37:36

I got mine from Amazon for around £25 - £30. Does the job!

BuddyKringleberry Tue 25-Nov-14 23:19:05

I have the sensationail one from boots, I got it for £50odd. I have bought a few other branded gel polishes and it works really well. I did my nails a week ago and they're still super shiny and chip free. I have 4 young kids (7,3,2,2) so this is pretty amazing x

jackstini Mon 01-Dec-14 21:57:52

They do have it on offer again! here

weekendninja Tue 02-Dec-14 00:36:54

My uv lamp was from eBay and cost £11.00. I would do the link but I'm on my phone. It works perfectly well.

I also use blue sky nail varnish and it's just as good as the more expensive brands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now