Talk

Advanced search

Strong, long-lasting leather bag - any tips?

(6 Posts)
Bramshott Tue 04-Nov-14 09:00:00

I'll start by saying that I DO cram a lot of stuff into my bag, and that its often heavy blush. I don't think that's going to change....

At the moment I usually spend about £50-60 on a bag, which fails after about 6 - 9 months. It's always the handles that go, I think probably because they're often not real leather (even if other parts of the bag are).

I'm happy to spend more on a bag, if it's going to last better, but I don't want to shell out £170 if it's going to last the same amount of time!

Any recommendations for a bag that lasts? If you spend more, do you get an immeasurably better quality product? I need a bag with straps long enough to go over my shoulder (just).

BrendaBlackhead Tue 04-Nov-14 09:55:00

I have a Coach bag. Capacious, goes over shoulder, indestructible (still going after 5 years) and looks pristine even though I have used it every single day. They are expensive but there are outlet stores around/sales.

Bramshott Tue 04-Nov-14 14:05:42

Thanks Brenda - which one do you have if I may ask?

ZaraW Tue 04-Nov-14 14:13:15

I love Frye bags long lasting and look better with age, they are tough and indestructible.

Bramshott Tue 04-Nov-14 17:12:53

I am bookmarking all of these - thanks!

So the general consensus is that if I spend more I WILL get a more long-lasting, durable bag, despite heavy use?

ZaraW Tue 04-Nov-14 17:28:51

With Frye definitely I carry a lot of stuff with me and currently this is the only bag I use. I've used it nearly every day for two years and the leather is getting better with age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now