Talk

Advanced search

If an item at Next is sold out online, how long before it is available?

(11 Posts)
Rocksie Wed 02-Apr-14 23:17:00

I really need an item for a wedding but the item is showing as sold out online. It is in a xl length and is not for sale in my local store.

Does anyone know how long, if ever, it takes to come back in stock, or how would I find out if any other stores sell it?

scarlet76 Wed 02-Apr-14 23:49:25

Either give them a ring or keep looking online. I wanted a navy mac in petite the other week. It showed as out of stock for a couple of days but I kept checking. It then said item was available to order but on a 2 week delay. In the end it arrived about 5 days after ordering.

Also try going into your local store with the item number and see if they can order it for you. No idea if it's true but I was told store stock is different from directory stock..

mysteryfairy Thu 03-Apr-14 05:00:07

My experience of stalking onesies for DD is that most stuff never reappears. If it does its because they've had returns. I wouldn't put my faith in it but would search elsewhere too.

LordPalmerston Thu 03-Apr-14 06:20:37

Ooh often reappears IME

Rocksie Thu 03-Apr-14 06:36:36

They've replied to me on their FB page and said they are completely sold out and won't be obtaining further stock. sad So disappointing but the at least I know to look elsewhere

CointreauVersial Thu 03-Apr-14 13:15:12

I was about to say I don't think Next stuff does come back.

itsnothingoriginal Thu 03-Apr-14 17:44:50

This happened with a lovely skater skirt at the start of last season - colour I wanted never came back into stock. Very annoying!!

LordPalmerston Thu 03-Apr-14 17:46:15

There's no such thing as a lovely skater skirt

Marne Thu 03-Apr-14 17:46:49

Once it's out of stock it stays out of stock unless someone returns a item sad.

itsnothingoriginal Thu 03-Apr-14 18:00:06

Is not something I ever imagined myself saying tbh LordPalmerston but really there is!! Green corduroy it was and a perfect length... clearly everyone else thought so too as it was sold out after a few weeks grin

pinkflaming0 Thu 03-Apr-14 19:15:56

I think it depends on when in the season it is. At the start of the season some things are already out of stock but then come back in stock for ages so I think they just hadn't come into stock at the start IYSWIM?

I've had some luck with things coming back in stock but not the 8T aubergine jumpsuit I keep checking on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now