Talk

Advanced search

M and S Leading Ladies Campaign

(6 Posts)
polyhymnia Wed 02-Apr-14 16:35:21

Is anyone else, like me, disappointed that women I'd previously had some respect for such as Emma Thompson and Annie Lennox, agreed ( presumably for a large sum but they can't exactly be hard up) to appear in this cringe-fest?

Not even Annie Leibowitz can make the polyester garments look other than frumpy - and of course they look even worse in my local branch.

Twinklestein Wed 02-Apr-14 16:48:52

I don't think it works as an ad, it looks more like one of those DM makeovers that went wrong.

Mignonette Wed 02-Apr-14 17:02:10

I have little respect for Emma Thompson what with her campaigning to prevent Heathrow airport expansion whilst constantly jetting off around the world. Hypocrite.

Glad to see someone other than a white model or personality though. Looks less tokenist than other campaigns.

The clothes are hideous as usual. No matter how much they are inspired by runway style, there is always something off about their attempts and not off in a good way.

polyhymnia Wed 02-Apr-14 17:14:27

Yes, take your point on Emma Thompson. Good actress but can be pseud-y.

Mignonette Wed 02-Apr-14 17:17:49

Love your name Polyhymnia smile

taratamara Wed 02-Apr-14 17:47:12

YANBU they need to ditch expensive celebs and sort out the clothes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now