Talk

Advanced search

Philips Lumea precision plus - help!

(4 Posts)
Klootami Tue 25-Mar-14 13:59:02

I am very pale with dark hair and need to wax facial hair at least every 3 weeks. I've bought this to treat my whole body but need some advice from those who own one!

I shaved as per the instructions and then followed the instructions but all the hair seems to be growing back as usual. Obviously I wasn't expecting to be hair free instantly but does this sound right? And do I just keep shaving until the next treatment in 1.5 weeks? I'm a bit loathed to keep shaving my face and bikini line!

Thanks

carrie74 Tue 25-Mar-14 14:13:43

I have the Boots one, and admittedly haven't used it on my face, but it took about 3-4 applications before I noticed reduced hair growth (the Boots one suggests a weekly regime for 13 weeks, then once a month for maintenance - I believe the Lumea has a different schedule).

Stubbed Tue 25-Mar-14 14:20:30

I have the Philips one. I think, actually, it feels like it is all growing back but in fact it's not. I didn't use any other hair removal (also like you, dark hair, pale skin, facial wax every three weeks) and now 2 months later it's virtually gone. But I was a bit hairy until after the second treatment. Luckily we were ok holiday at centre parcs and saw no one we knew so I didn't mind. I would continue doing it every two weeks as it says. It's the best thing I've done in years I'm sure you won't regret it.

Klootami Tue 25-Mar-14 16:37:44

Thank you both, feel a bit more reassured now! Will stop worrying smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now