Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Wedge trainers.

(10 Posts)
fedupandfifty Tue 18-Mar-14 13:27:42

I'm considering getting a pair aS a summery alternative to my usual boots. Just wondering how comfy they are?

I walk loads and struggle to find comfy, walkable shoes with a heel. I'm too dumpy to go without.

AndTwoBits Tue 18-Mar-14 15:33:06

I have the Ash bis bea wedges. I got them on sale and will buy another pair on sale when these wear out. Which they will soon because i walk a lot. They are extremely comfortable and i wear them most days. They aren't waterproof though but I still love them.

sotiredfornow Tue 18-Mar-14 19:12:43

Which ones are you thinking of buying? I've been trying to find a pair that's perfect but they all seem to be just a little too high. The ash ones are incredibly comfy though.

fedupandfifty Tue 18-Mar-14 19:28:08

I"m a trainer virgin, so open to suggestions. I like the Ash ones, but they are quite expensive by my (cheapskate) standards.

Another question: how do you wear trousers with them? Do the bottoms cover the trainer or tuck inside?

AndTwoBits Tue 18-Mar-14 19:34:16

I only wear skinny jeans with them. i turn the jeans up once at the end. The front of the shoe (the tongue really) comes out over the end of the jeans.

sotiredfornow Tue 18-Mar-14 20:08:55

You're right they are pretty expensive. I'm hoping to find something cheaper. Post if you find some you like! I was wondering the same about jeans.

AmberNectarine Tue 18-Mar-14 20:52:21

I have three pairs - Ash, Nike and the original Isabel Marant. The Ash are BY FAR the most comfortable.

fedupandfifty Tue 18-Mar-14 22:23:15

Ebay here I come!

sotiredfornow Thu 20-Mar-14 10:02:22

fedup - did you buy some?

QueenofallIsee Thu 20-Mar-14 10:12:43

I have Ash and Isabel Marant - love them both and wear them constantly

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: