Talk

Advanced search

Can we have a Spring jacket/ coat thread?

(8 Posts)
YourHandInMyHand Sat 08-Mar-14 21:14:17

I'm on the look out for something nice for spring that's versatile and will suit my figure (size 16, big boobs).

So far not seen anything awe inspiring, hoping you lovely ladies have!

myalias Sat 08-Mar-14 21:31:26

www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/jackets-coats-2390889/boyfriend-cocoon-coats-2391058/tailored-lightweight-coat-2638822?refinements=category~%5b678007%7c208526%5d&bi=1&ps=20#BVRRWidgetID

That would look dreadful on big boobs!

Lozislovely Sat 08-Mar-14 21:52:24

I just received a Sea Salt Hellweather mac - more of a trench style. I love it. I'm a large 14 and the size 14 I ordered is a perfect fit (even room for a jumper). It was an impulse buy but I've become so sick and tired of endlessly trying on jackets, that I took the plunge!

Uber lightweight, cotton lining - so no sweaty Betty syndrome wink I'm really pleased with it, especially as I walk my dog twice a day, but know its not everyone's cup of tea.

YourHandInMyHand Sat 08-Mar-14 22:02:35

myalias - that's not for me due to figure and colouring but am sure it would look lovely on others so thanks for sharing.

Am hoping thread is useful for other mners not just me. smile

Sea salt coats do look nice but don't know if I can justify over £100. :-/
Have you tested it in rain yet Lozislovely? I am also out on dog walk twice a day.

Lozislovely Sat 08-Mar-14 22:30:25

Only received today and its been sunny - typical wink

It hangs really nice which I like - I've tried so many similar high street brands that just made me feel like a whale, and finding this quite flattering.

The tag says 100% waterproof so hoping for some rain soon (can't believe I'm saying that) so I can test it!!!!

The material wasn't quite what I was expecting - description says cotton, and it is but it isn't if that makes sense? But the lining is fab and cotton which makes a pleasant change from lightweight jackets I've had in the past.

LaTrucha Sun 09-Mar-14 07:55:12

I like this

YourHandInMyHand Tue 11-Mar-14 09:39:47

I always forget about Zara!

I think I might have a day in town mooching around the shops at some point to try stuff on and get ideas. I shall report back. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now