Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Plus Size Honeymoon Capsule Wardrobe

(8 Posts)
PsychicPaper Fri 07-Mar-14 19:09:22

Help style geniuses please!

Honeymoon in Mexico in a few weeks, at a fairly nice hotel.

First time staying somewhere "nice" so not sure what I need for dinner etc? Also plan to spend some time sightseeing so need appropriate clothes.

Am a size 26, top heavy. (Bra 44 L according to the intervention ladies)

Am hoping to use what I already have in wardrobe where possible, but have some budget

Thanks!

mummiebummie Sat 08-Mar-14 03:03:46

Honeymoon in Mexico sounds great! Congrats. Dinner - plain/ block colour maxi dress and statement jewelry as staple? Sightseeing.... same. Or 3/4 7/8 trousers and top and sunglasses. What do you like to wear in summer in hot places? For me, footwear is always the issuesad

PsychicPaper Sat 08-Mar-14 06:30:12

thanks for replying mummie

I have a black strapless maxi dress, so could work with that.

Mostly in summer abroad I wear long skirts and kaftans, but that is mostly because where we ordinarily go that is the most cultually appropriate thing outside the hotel (and I come home as white as I left)

How much of everything should I take? How many swimsuits, how many sets of underwear?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 08-Mar-14 09:13:47

How long are you going for?

truelymadlysleepy Sat 08-Mar-14 10:04:06

I love a floaty kaftan over swimwear, with jewelled flip flops and funky beach bag and big shades.
Maxis are great in hot weather, I wouldn't take anything constricting.
What a lovely honeymoon, congratulations.

iseenodust Sat 08-Mar-14 10:11:20

Wow Congrats. Maxi dress will work for dinner, maybe a scarf to cover shoulders if breezy by water. If having a little spend Monsoon have a range of sizes especially online.

MsJupiter Sat 08-Mar-14 13:34:15

For sightseeing I would take trousers to avoid thigh rub - 3/4 length cotton or linen. Personally I always wear short or thin cropped leggings under maxi dresses for the same reason, but obviously not for relaxing on the beach or similar.

PsychicPaper Sat 08-Mar-14 16:26:58

Oooh good point Dame weare going for two weeks

I get your point MsJupiter but i normally use the Lanacane anti chafing gel and it is amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now