Talk

Advanced search

Going to a club tonight...am I going to look utterly ridiculous?

(19 Posts)
velvetspoon Sat 15-Feb-14 13:08:20

I'm not normally someone who worries about clothing choices, generally am quite confident in what I wear and how I look .

However going somewhere new tonight which is slightly outside my usual comfort zone of local pubs and bars. Was intending to wear a beaded playsuit thing, but now having a last-minute flap that I will at best look 'wrong' and at worst downright awful!

Beanymonster Sat 15-Feb-14 13:11:39

How old/ tall/ fat/ skinny are you?

Tbh, I'm a short chubby 22 yo, and even when I've left the house looking an absolute state there is always someone dressed worse, so as long as you look even 1% decent someone else will look worse!

velvetspoon Sat 15-Feb-14 13:25:01

I'm 5ft 6, a 14(ish) depending on where it's from!

Am also 41 (so probably far too old for beaded playsuits), but I like to think I don't look my age....

Bit worried I might be the person everyone else looks better than!

I'd wear plain black or beaded shorts with opaques (and am older than you but a 10-12) but probably not a playsuit. Then again, if it's something you love, you'll feel fine anyway.

HelloBoys Sat 15-Feb-14 13:59:58

velvet do you have a pic of playsuit?

I actually went out yesterday and got some I think black skinny jeans from Top Shop. they looked on trend and seem more comfy than my H&M ones (softer material the Top Shop ones).

Beanymonster Sat 15-Feb-14 14:00:41

Oh I think that's acceptable.. Go out and have a good time!!

velvetspoon Sat 15-Feb-14 14:03:49

Will try and post a pic...

velvetspoon Sat 15-Feb-14 14:06:10

Oh it worked. Never tried that before!

I am not sure whether to ditch it in favour of a dress. I've only worn it once on holiday. I am normally more of a dress than shorts person!

Haven't even thought which shoes to wear yet. Panic is setting in...

HelloBoys Sat 15-Feb-14 14:07:58

Oh it looks nice.

have you got opaque or sheeny tights to wear with it?

Spellcheck Sat 15-Feb-14 14:08:56

It looks nice, I'd wear it with opaque black tights and heels. Definitely wear it!

velvetspoon Sat 15-Feb-14 15:11:25

thanks!

am still not entirely sure - hoping once I start getting ready I will feel better - have a couple of dresses as backup though smile

We need to see pics. smile

MrsLettuce Sat 15-Feb-14 20:00:11

That's really rather nice. Go for it! yy to opaque black tights and heels - what shoes do you have?

freerangeeggs Sat 15-Feb-14 20:03:22

I love that play suit and would definitely wear it to a club. Depending on the club/state of my legs I'd wear either opaque tights or bare

mammadiggingdeep Sun 16-Feb-14 09:16:57

Love the play suit! Hope you had a good time smile

milkysmum Sun 16-Feb-14 09:18:54

I really like it!

velvetspoon Sun 16-Feb-14 18:24:20

Just reporting back to say that I wore it. Went with bare legs and some nude heels.

I felt better than expected (lots of alcohol helped!) And everyone said I looked fab smile hopefully they weren't just being kind!

Bare legs in February?! Crazy lady!

velvetspoon Sun 16-Feb-14 19:45:03

It was warm in there fortunately!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now