Talk

Advanced search

Those with weak or split nails

(6 Posts)
Mrsap Thu 13-Feb-14 14:44:42

Try this: wash your hands really well after using nail varnish remover and then rub some castor oil into your nails.

I can't believe what it's done to my nails. Healthy and strong now.

I only started using castor oil because I figured I needed to get rid of it after OCM didn't work for me.

I used to use mavala scientifique with ok results but castor oil is much better.

Hope it works for you.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 13-Feb-14 14:47:07

I use coconut oil the same way, transformed my nails in a week!

2whippetsnobed Thu 13-Feb-14 14:48:44

Thank you - I was thinking of posting to ask if anyone had any suggestions. My nails are rubbish at the moment. Still recovering from using polish at Christmas.

Mrsap Thu 13-Feb-14 14:57:43

I didn't see any difference with the coconut oil or almond oil. Maybe it's like OCM, you have to find the oil that works for you.

I am chuffed to bits either way. My nails looked terrible until a couple of weeks ago.

sotiredfornow Thu 13-Feb-14 19:30:04

Those who have used coconut oil. Can I ask - I use this a lot in cooking but never for beauty. It's pretty rock solid in the jar until I spoon it into a pan and heat. Do you rub it in your hands to get it to turn into oil? Does this happen quickly? I really should just go and try it rather than ask here! Lazy wink

Mrsap Thu 13-Feb-14 20:23:58

Just rub it in like cream. It melts at body temperature.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now