Talk

Advanced search

Epistick - lousy fad or necessity?

(9 Posts)
EternallyJuggling Wed 05-Feb-14 14:50:36

I have lots of blonde hairs with the obligatory dark few creeping in. At the moment, I'm using DH's personal trimmer but it sucks.

A friend has been eulogising about this new thing, and I'm interested (waxing brings me out in boils) but I'm a complete wuss about pain - I don't mind my eyebrows bring waxed, but threading had me screaming.

So, are episticks any good?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 05-Feb-14 15:13:07

Are they those things that you roll up and down and they yank the hairs out? I chucked mine in the bin, it was useless.

netty36 Thu 06-Feb-14 07:55:39

I got the epicare one from Amazon and think its brilliant! I tried waxing on my upper lip and left me with awful spots. This tool is just fab and so easy, it's like threading I guess. I get no reaction from my skin and it removes all the unwanted hair. I couldn't be without mine. Saves a fortune in going to salons. You can do it without a mirror too.

netty36 Thu 06-Feb-14 07:57:50

Should have said you get used to the pain but not half as painful as threading which nearly made me vomit when I had my upper lip done as pain was so intense.

Passthecake30 Thu 06-Feb-14 08:44:26

Mine great. I get mainly downy blonde hair, but lots of Iit I roll over whenever I remember. ..no side effects at all

EternallyJuggling Thu 06-Feb-14 10:14:25

Oooh, conflicting opinions! confused

Tempted to try, but still undecided. Mind you, I have to do something before I start looking like a backwoodsman!

somedizzywhore1804 Sat 08-Feb-14 11:13:29

Brought a £1.55 one off amazon after reading this thread. It came this morning and it's so easy to use.... My chin is already smacking hair free. Highly recommend.

Can't do a clicky link as on phone but here's the one I brought http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006ROWWQS highly recommend.

somedizzywhore1804 Sat 08-Feb-14 11:14:00

Smacking hair free?! Brilliantly hair free was what I meant grin

neverlookback Sat 08-Feb-14 22:13:05

I love mine, but need a glass of wine to do my top lip!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now