Talk

Advanced search

Eyelash extensions...

(23 Posts)
StickEmUpSideways Sun 08-Dec-13 18:41:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HappyGirlNow Sun 08-Dec-13 20:42:14

It's had them continuously for about 15 months now, getting infills every 2 weeks and my lashes are fine.. I love them grin

StickEmUpSideways Tue 24-Dec-13 14:01:14

HappyGirlNow Tue 24-Dec-13 14:02:33

It'll be great! grin

StickEmUpSideways Tue 24-Dec-13 14:04:10

Megbeth Tue 24-Dec-13 14:45:03

I'm a beauty therapist & I had them done by someone experienced. I did all the aftercare correctly. They looked lovely for about a week. Gradually as each lash fell out I list my own lash. I filled in the gaps with cluster lashes. I was still losing my own lashes so removed them all. I was left with stumps & hardly any lashes. I had to use Rapidlash to grow them back. It took about 3 mths to get them back right again. I wouldn't have them done again.

StickEmUpSideways Tue 24-Dec-13 15:50:06

StickEmUpBigStyle Thu 02-Jan-14 13:50:18

Well update is that over a week later, a bit similar to upthread eventually they fall in a natrual pattern and they dont look so unifiorm now.
I have had a few fall off and my eyelash was not attached.

She used the sensitive glue which she said wasnt as strong and I think this is what but it's not a problem.

I made an appt tomorrow and am getting her to take a look, if they are pulling on them I'll have them removed if not I'll have an infill.

I can also see a few of 'unextended' eyelashes as she said she didnt do a full set - maybe this was because mine are fine lashes and was tp lessen the trauma.

So really hoping I have lashes left after this!
I'm expecting not to, to lessen the blow.

Shufty Thu 06-Feb-14 10:29:52

Dontletthemgetyoudown Thu 06-Feb-14 12:01:26

I stopped having mine done too, as my natural lashes ere falling out with them. I didn't want to get into the cycle of having to have them done all the time because I had no natural lashes. mine have grown back now and I use the boots lash growth mascara which looks great and I just use the usual stick on falsies if I'm going out and want a fuller night-time look.

Shufty Thu 06-Feb-14 12:56:24

BringMeTea Thu 06-Feb-14 13:25:02

I had them once. Looked great. However once some fall out it looks v uneven and gappy. Worst was when they were all gone and I was left with gappy stumps. Took me months to recover to normal. Never again.

i thought about these as I just cannot manage to put false lashes on and keep them on then I tried rapid lash and although I did not really believe it would work I carried on using it religiously and it has been great, I look like I have falsies on <flutters bambi eyes>

Shufty Thu 06-Feb-14 14:57:29

MyChildDoesntNeedSleep Thu 06-Feb-14 18:20:54

I'm like you, OP. Have them done every so often, usually for a big night out, or something and love them, but then when they come off your natural lashes are so short, you look weird. I usually have to put loads of black eyeliner on my top lid to disguise the fact I look like an alien! grin

It's so nice to wash your face properly when they come off!

yes it works, its not instant, you have to use it every night and wait but all of a sudden I had lashes! bought a second one and will keep it up, its just become the last step in my facial routine before bed, along with my eye cream.

alltoomuchrightnow Thu 06-Feb-14 18:46:23

I've them continously since summer as i dont have a choice... it's that or put up with the stumps. most of mine fell out. they've just not grown back... i've been trying for months now. I soaked all the falsies off yesterday very carefully but loads still came out and the remaining ones have not grown..so..i went back for more falsies. trouble is i'm also so used to looking like that now! ie the fake ones.
I can't use rapidlash and the likes..it stings me
I wish i'd never started as i had long natural lashes. I like how the fakes look but it's a nightmare having to keep it up as i'm out of work and really can't afford to do this. Luckily i have a good and cheap technician and usually only need the odd infill

alltoomuchrightnow Thu 06-Feb-14 18:49:24

as Shufty says.. left with short fine baby lashes. Since November mine haven't grown at all even though she said they would under the falsies. I look freaky now without the falsies and have lost many more since. Wish I'd never started. I have photos to prove how amazing my lashes were before, naturally. Be grateful for assets you are given and don't try to improve them! :-(
Also even in my sleep if covers catch on my lashes it will sometimes pull them out taking real ones with them

mellojello Thu 06-Feb-14 18:51:57

Our local college does a set for £5!

I may take the plunge.

Shufty Thu 06-Feb-14 18:54:14

mellojello Thu 06-Feb-14 19:04:28

Maybe not, just read about losing lashes sad

Shufty Thu 06-Feb-14 19:06:32

trackerc Thu 06-Feb-14 22:15:34

Party lashes are horrid & destroy your lashes & come out in clumps with your own lashes (plus you can see the hard glue)
I've had individual eyelash extensions (11cm ones - not the long fakey ones) for a year every 3 weeks infils (£20) & they've been great. I don't like me without them. Hope they work for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now