Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Am looking for raspberry/fuschia colour wedgey shoes, help me MN style council!

(16 Posts)
orangina Thu 25-May-06 13:59:56

.... I'm off to a big party in a few weeks time and have bought lovely dress BUT now need the shoes to go with it... was thinking wedgey high-ish sandals in a crushed raspberry or purple colour... help! I haven't got much time for browsing the shops, all online suggestions and guidance v. v. v. v much appreciated, thank you all!

tissy Thu 25-May-06 14:03:20

not wedgy, but Hobbs do some shoes in Hibiscus which is about the colur you want, I think. I've got the flat pumps in that colour.

orangina Thu 25-May-06 14:03:44

the colour is exactly what i am after!

tissy Thu 25-May-06 14:09:31

they do a few styles in that colour, worth checking in the shops,as the catalogue doesn't seem to have everything they do!

MrsBadgerTheCelloPedaller Thu 25-May-06 14:09:46

These may be a bit too close to hot pink and not purple enough, but Hobbs have some slightly Minnie Mouse ones and some strappy ones.

my net connection is s-l-o-w at the mo - will post more later

MrsBadgerTheCelloPedaller Thu 25-May-06 14:10:43

hah - so slow I missed everyone else's posts!

tissy Thu 25-May-06 14:10:56

found it! here are the wedges.

tissy Thu 25-May-06 14:12:00

but beware, "orchid" is much more girly-pink than "hibiscus"

JackieNo Thu 25-May-06 14:13:36

Some from M&S ? Possibly not formal enough?

orangina Thu 25-May-06 14:43:23

You are all stars, am dipping in and out of meetings this afternoon, so will check in periodically! Am trying to avoid the ankle strap thing as I don't think it does anything for me.... will try to find a link to my dress shortly, and then you'll see.... thank you all!

orangina Thu 25-May-06 14:45:40

here is my dress....

MrsBadgerTheCelloPedaller Thu 25-May-06 14:52:23

some slightly mad ones from Next

MrsBadgerTheCelloPedaller Thu 25-May-06 15:00:12

ooh, now I think these match the design of the dress (whihc I love) quite staggeringly well and have no ankle strap but the stock of pink is getting low. Think the yellow would be just as good though!

orangina Thu 25-May-06 16:04:59

mrsbadger, you might have come up trumps (though I will confess I never had seen myself as a boden shoes type of girl.....!). Might have to head out to their hanger lane store and see if I can find a pair to try on.....
I love my dress too !

WestCountryLass Fri 26-May-06 21:53:55

Have a look at the Stipa on the Clarks website

YellowFeathers Fri 26-May-06 22:04:41

Kurt Geiger

I love these beyond lovingness! If I wasn't pg I'd have bought them. I think they'd look fab with your dress, which is gorgeous btw!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: