Talk

Advanced search

any tips for avoiding blisters?

(7 Posts)
MikeLitoris Fri 19-Apr-13 17:45:29

I have just got some lovely (and cheap) heels but my feet are so prone to blisters I am scared to wear them.

plasters are a no no as they are too strappy.

last time I went out I wore wedges and ended up with blisters underneath all my toes.

I have some of those jelly things to wear but am concerned about the straps digging in.

any ideas?

TIA

OneLittleLady Fri 19-Apr-13 17:48:31

I heard somewhere at rubbing vaseline along the inside back of your shoe can help. Don't know how true it is though

purplewithred Fri 19-Apr-13 17:55:24

compeed blister plasters are see through and wonderful in my opinion. Or their anti-blister stick is good too, try sports stores if boots dont have it.

MikeLitoris Fri 19-Apr-13 17:58:13

I usually put vaseline on the back of my heel but no good for the toes with straps. my feet will be sliding down the shoe grin

never heard of a blister stick will have a look for that in boots tomorrow. I love the plasters but don't think they are see through enough for these shoes.

GreatBags Fri 19-Apr-13 17:59:45

Give your feet a good moisturise with something heavy like Body cream and take a small pot of vaseline with you and if you feel them starting to rub you can slick a bit on. Wear them round the house with a pair of socks to break them in

MikeLitoris Fri 19-Apr-13 18:13:49

Ive got them on now with a pair of socks. Nice stripey ones grin

rodgette Sun 21-Apr-13 14:15:50

hello
top tip for you, add a little vaseline or baby oil to where you can feel the strappy sandals pinching your feet, I worked this out 2 summers ago and it has worked ever since

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now