Talk

Advanced search

Blazers to fit huge norks?

(10 Posts)
fridgepants Fri 12-Apr-13 09:47:29

I am a H-cup and what I would love is a blazer that a) looks as though it has a hope of buttonign up b) doesn't end up flapping round my rib cage and looking as though I borrowed it from my little sister c) doesn't fight with my actual shape.

Ideally I'd like something like the Gap Academy blazers, but even their 18 (I'm a 16-18) looks weird and shrunken because of my chest. I'm an hourglass shape so I worry that going too big will swamp my curves and make me look huge! Are there any shops that cut better for a large bust?

tasmaniandevilchaser Fri 12-Apr-13 09:51:50

Bravissimo

tasmaniandevilchaser Fri 12-Apr-13 09:52:31

Oops pepper berry do the clothes now, bravissimo is underwear

It's worth keeping an eye on Pepperberry as they often do blazers over summer and they fit large busts really well.

tasmaniandevilchaser Fri 12-Apr-13 09:56:51

Check eBay for pepperberry/ bravissimo, can be a lot cheaper if budget is an issue

HazleNutt Fri 12-Apr-13 10:32:32

what you need is one button or even better, some other type of closure that must be quite low on waist, so not anywhere over boobs, and a nipped-in cut.
Like this type:
www.question-air.com/p-10490-high-gamine-jacket.aspx?siteID=0RpXOIXA500-UOWqMaAsNwTC_v1UUcrrOQ
You can find something like that in many shops. Pepperberry is cut for boobs, but I've never been so crazy about their quality, hit and miss.

Gillybobs Fri 12-Apr-13 11:52:21

Not exactly a blazer but I bought this in navy and its fab over my bust

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Coats-Jackets/Jackets/WE382/Womens-Elgin-Jacket.html

I cant make a traditional blazer with lapels work for me whereas this sits perfectly, seems cut for a fuller bust etc

Cherrypie32 Fri 12-Apr-13 13:02:14

I also have a large bust (34FF) and don't find a traditional blazer works for me either but for a structured jacket something with a waterfall style front like this m.oasis-stores.com/waterfall-leather-jacket/jackets-&-coats/oasis/fcp-product/3830020001 but maybe not leather, is very flattering.

ggirl Fri 12-Apr-13 13:10:00

I have a lovely grey jersey one from pepperberry that actually buttons up !!

ggirl Fri 12-Apr-13 13:12:10

they don't seem to do it anymore ..weird!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now