Black skirt needed for DD(15) - not too short/tight

(8 Posts)
hellsbells99 Thu 14-Feb-13 15:24:03

Can anyone help me please? DD (15yo) has an animal print peblum style top that she normally wears with black Topshop leggings. Last week she went out for a meal with friends for a 16th birthday celebration and wore this top with the only non-school skirt she had that matched - a short tight bodycon style one that she had when she was 12! She has agreed that it needs to be replaced with something slightly classier! She is 5'5" and a size 10/12. Any ideas and links gratefully received smile

HorraceTheOtter Thu 14-Feb-13 15:38:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dancingqueen17 Thu 14-Feb-13 16:02:52

Startail Thu 14-Feb-13 16:05:01

top shop
They have several others too, but that's my best guess without seeing the top.

hellsbells99 Thu 14-Feb-13 16:12:16

Put your claws away Horrace - my comment about 'classier' was meant tongue in cheek! The top actually looks fine when worn with good quality plain black leggings - just very tacky when worn with a short tight skirt. Thank you for other suggestions - I will look now.

stefb Thu 14-Feb-13 17:40:02

I have the same problem my daughter is 14 and I find a lot of clothes for their age are trashy...the tight short ones. Skater skirts seem to be in now they have a lot at internationale and new look what about black shorts and thick black tights? My daughter and ger friends seem to like the shorts/tights combo at the moment

HorraceTheOtter Thu 14-Feb-13 20:23:16

germyrabbit Thu 14-Feb-13 20:25:38

this is a pretty good skirt recommended by cod i think on here! also cheap in sale! i really lovemine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now