Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dry scalp - what to do ?

(6 Posts)
Urbanvoltaire Sun 13-Jan-13 02:45:17

Hairdresser announced today I have a dry scalp....so ideas gratefully received on what to use, oils? Shampoo?

Thanks y'all smile

amazingmumof6 Sun 13-Jan-13 04:19:14

T-gel shampoo is good for dry/itchy scalp, smells odd as has tar in it but it's really good.

I used it for a while during first or second pregnancy (can't remember), my head was so itchy I was scratching it till my skin bled....

try washing you hair less for a while , use cooler water, less rubbing, no hairdryer

Pinkflipflop Sun 13-Jan-13 07:28:08

I had this for years and the only thing to cure it was Aveda Scalp Benefits. It's expensive but I have long hair and 200ml lasts me 6 months, washing 3 times a week.

Urbanvoltaire Sun 13-Jan-13 11:55:37

Thanks ladies, thankfully it's not itchy. I'll try the aveda shampoo stuff. I was expecting to be recommended some kind of oil (coconut?) type of exercise.

My hair is dry, fine & straight so gets tuggy easily so I always use the Aussie conditioner.

WowOoo Sun 13-Jan-13 11:58:22

Another vote for T Gel Neutrogena. It's pricey but works and leaves your hair smelling lovely, feeling squeaky clean and mine goes very very shiny with it.

Mockingcurl Sun 13-Jan-13 12:01:42

I get this when its really cold in the winter. I use "Dead Sea minerals, scalp mask". I think that what it's called. It's not particularly expensive and is available in H and B. it works straight away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now