Talk

Advanced search

Beauty while pregnant

(2 Posts)
HelgatheHairy Sat 15-Dec-12 12:13:28

I just found out this week that I'm about 6 weeks pregnant!!

What is the most important things for me to be doing/not doing??

I'm guessing bio oil is fairly high on the list and I know there are essential oil I can't use. Any specific recommendations?

shoeprincess2 Sat 15-Dec-12 12:56:49

Congratualations!!!! How exciting for you! With regards to skincare, don't start anything new ,as the hormones coursing round your body might make you react to products. Basically i did the following:-

1. Take a vitamin supplement e.g. pregnacare
2. Looked after my skin from the inside- lots of fruit and veg and lots of water
3. Hot Cloth Cleansing- massage on your normal cleanser and massage off with a damp, hot flannel
4. A nice mosturising shower cream and then a nice oil or body cream. i used Cocoa Butter from the Body Shop. Not religiously, but when I remembered of when my skin felt a bit tight.

I have had 2 children (2 year old and a 3 month old). i never got any stretch marks (though I think alot of it is down to genetics, rather than any routine). My skin used to be incredibly oily, but is now a little drier.

All the best and enjoy your pregnancy xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now