Talk

Advanced search

Can a polo or turtle neck ever suit TITS?

(68 Posts)
HellothisisJoanie Tue 13-Nov-12 17:16:14

So you don't look like an inverted triangle ?
I saw a nice photo on the gap site and now I yearn.

HellothisisJoanie Tue 13-Nov-12 17:17:53

This one

m.gap.com/product.html?dn=gp153134072&dv=1&shopid=0&pdn=gc5745

ggirl Tue 13-Nov-12 17:18:05

as long as tits are supported well and you haven't got rugby player neck and shoulders

ggirl Tue 13-Nov-12 17:19:04

love that

achillea Tue 13-Nov-12 17:19:36

Depends also on face. If rounded, no.

puds11 Tue 13-Nov-12 17:20:53

Oooh thats lovely. From experience i have found the tend to make your norks look humongous. If you are small breasted you should be alright.

noddyholder Tue 13-Nov-12 17:21:52

I have boobs and would wear that IF I am at slimmish end of my weight good bra and I think if you have slim neck/jaw you can. Otherwise no I love it might buy it!

sassythebloodFIRSTy Tue 13-Nov-12 17:21:53

No. Never. <gavel.>

CajaDeLaMemoria Tue 13-Nov-12 17:22:59

Agree with Sassy. It's a huge mistake.

dexter73 Tue 13-Nov-12 17:28:45

I think it's a no. Polo necks make boobs look very matronly.

BOFingSanta Tue 13-Nov-12 17:29:57

No with boobs.

JudeFawley Tue 13-Nov-12 17:32:05

I think it a no for the big of boob.

noddyholder Tue 13-Nov-12 17:34:06

That jumper has a circle hem though.If you are big upper arms shoulders then no but if slim with boobs contained I would give it a go You can always return

stinkyfluffycat Tue 13-Nov-12 17:36:05

It's a very nice jumper, but if you're anything like me it would give you a monobosom...

noddyholder Tue 13-Nov-12 17:38:05

How big are your boobs? You are slim and toned

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 13-Nov-12 17:38:39

Of course you can - I blame bloody trinny and susannah and their 'ooooh you have to wear v necks if you have boobs'.

Personally I think its more to do with neck length but you know they're warm and cosy and look great with a scarf wrapped round.

You may need to try a few to find one that works well but that's true of most items of clothing.

Dragonwoman Tue 13-Nov-12 17:43:16

Unless you are flat chested that particular top will look dreadful. Not only is it a polo neck but it is draped not fitted so will hang off your boobs, not go in again and make your whole top half look the width of your boobs. Sorry!

noddyholder Tue 13-Nov-12 17:49:22

Thanks Mrs C I agree I have boobs but love fashion and have had to work out over the years how to wear certain things. Some v necks look too provocative Agree about neck. Its also about the bra I have a quite hideous m and s bra which works A bit 1970s lift and separate. I wore a polo neck poncho thing out to lunch today and I didn't look any bustier than usual. I think trinny and susannah would have me in oxford bags and v necks which I KNOW after 46 yrs don't suit me!

GobblersSparklyExplodingKnob Tue 13-Nov-12 17:53:41

On me (slim, tall 30G) polo necks look fucking horrendous, possibly the most fugly making garment possible.

Oddly I often wear a jumper with a scarf 9basically the same shape) and that is fine, I think it is because of the breaking up of area with different fabrics.

Different things suit different people though, I wouldn't say no, just make sure you try it on, preferably with an honest friend grin

TheProvincialLady Tue 13-Nov-12 17:59:41

Nope. Doesn't matter how slim you are, big boobs and high necks do not work. They either make you look matronly or tarty. I have vast experience. The only way they can work is if you have some kind of dress or top over the jumper that has a neckline that flatters, ie breaks up the boob acreage. But that defeats the fashion purpose and just makes them into standard winter warming fare doesn't it? Don't despair though - plenty of things suit you better than a small breasted woman.

noddyholder Tue 13-Nov-12 18:02:39

A standard tight ribbed polo neck on someone with boobs and other fat eg arms back neck then no but I have never been called matronly or tarty! Just asked ds re my jumper/cape today and he said it looks great and he is 18 and cruel grin

puffylovett Tue 13-Nov-12 18:04:41

Lalalallalalalalalalalalalala
<sticks fingers in ears, snuggles in to comfy warm monoboobing polo neck>

noddyholder Tue 13-Nov-12 18:06:02

mono boob is to do with bra not boobs

QueenieLovesEels Tue 13-Nov-12 18:10:46

I think it is more about neck length than norks.

If you have a graceful swan-like neck, go for it.

if it's more reminiscent of Mike Tyson it won't do you any favours

TheProvincialLady Tue 13-Nov-12 18:14:18

I disagree re neck length. My mum and I both have long necks. I am slim, mum isn't (though not really fat) and she persists in wearing polo necks. The glimpse of a bit of neck about the polo neck doesn't detract from the over stretched ribbing or the large chest in general.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now