Talk

Advanced search

Help! How to make leather 'stretch'?!

(9 Posts)
MushroomSoup Fri 02-Nov-12 19:14:39

Just bought a gorgeous pair of Fly London boots in a UK6. I have another pair several pairs! of Fly Londons and they fit well. However this pair of boots is really tight across the toe, as if someone is standing on my feet!!! How can I speed up the 'give' of the leather?

44SoStartingOver Fri 02-Nov-12 19:17:46

Dampen the leather and stuff toes tightly?

marleybrodie Fri 02-Nov-12 19:31:28

Wear with two pairs of socks or one pair of walking socks around the house for a few days.

I successfully used this method to stretch a pair of fly shoes.

BeatTheClock Fri 02-Nov-12 19:33:25

Buy some shoe stretchers. Ebay/Amazon sell them they're not expensive. Dd's school shoes were pinching and stretchers worked like magic.

CaptainNancy Fri 02-Nov-12 19:45:59

I saw a pin for this- stuff toes with paper, blast shoes with hairdryer, wait until cooled, they're larger (I think...)

fanoftheinvisibleman Fri 02-Nov-12 19:57:12

I bought some spray from the cobblers that stretched leather. It did work.

Jackstini Mon 05-Nov-12 16:35:56

A good cobblers will have a shoe stretching service - is well worth it, can gain 1/4 to 1/2 a size

sansucre Mon 05-Nov-12 17:24:35

Boil the kettle, as the steam starts to rise, hold the boot so the spout is inside the toe/the section you want to stretch, then with your hand or a broom handle, manipulate the leather. Do this in conjunction with wearing them round the house with several pairs of thick socks.

(The kettle trick is one I picked up working in a shoe shop years ago. It works. Any shoe shop that claims to have a 'shoe-stretcher' out back uses this method.

wornoutbutstillwonderful Mon 05-Nov-12 18:37:03

Shoe stretcher spray works, spray it then wear straight away as they tend to work with the heat from your foot, this way it only "gives" where you need it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now