Talk

Advanced search

Fly London mistry boots

(8 Posts)
IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Fri 02-Nov-12 16:20:37

Just ordered some as one review said they were more waterproof than the Mol. I have 2yr old Mols and am sick of them wicking up moisture.
So simply-are they?

SomethingOnce Fri 02-Nov-12 17:56:30

I had them (still have, in the back of the wardrobe; I can't bear to bin them even though the zip went after a few months sad) and I found them pretty good.

Wouldn't recommend wading in them though!

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Sat 03-Nov-12 00:02:23

Couldn't you get the zip repaired? I know my local shoe repair place advertises the rear of boot zips.
Thanks for info too.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Sat 03-Nov-12 00:02:43

Repair

SomethingOnce Sat 03-Nov-12 00:17:20

I got 'cobbler says no' due to the zip being sort of enclosed hmm, but he is a grumpy bugger so maybe I should try elsewhere!

Mewsical Sat 03-Nov-12 08:07:01

I sent mine back (at great expense) as I had read so many reviews of Fly boots leaking.
They looked OK but I felt like I was wearing a suit of armour on my legs....so inflexible, but not uncomfortable if you stood still.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Sat 03-Nov-12 09:43:12

Hmm. But then the Mol is made of quite thick and firm leather and I love them. Anyway that I can check when they arrive, it is the water resistance I can't check. reviews seem conflicting. Maybe- hopeful- they have been improved.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Sat 03-Nov-12 09:58:22

Have emailed Fly to ask!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now