Talk

Advanced search

Get the look or am I kidding myself middleaged madness

(13 Posts)
ThingsthatgoSgreekinthenight Tue 30-Oct-12 11:24:46

I am 37 size 10/12 5"8.

I love this look kidding myself but I am not sure if I should be letting all those young things dress like that and just continue in my skinny jeans. I wear leggings and a mini skirt but nor sure if I can pull these tights off.

Also, I love these doc Martens but how do I wear them. Do I wear them with my skinny jeans tucked in can I wear them with leggings??
I have always wanted a pair of Doc Martens but mum wouldn't let me have them as a teenager hmm

At the moment I am rocking I wish these Kurt Geiger. I wear them with skinny jeans and leggings.

worldgonecrazy Tue 30-Oct-12 11:30:17

You need a slightly longer skirt but otherwise I don't see anything wrong with the look. I think the bum-skimming look is best left to those whose job it is to make fashion faux-pas, i.e. teenagers. Mid to lower thigh length would look better.

SparkyTGD Tue 30-Oct-12 11:32:29

The skirt is probably a little short (although model is maybe very tall) but otherwise the look doesn't scream young thing to me.

But, I'd be too cold (brrr, winter is definitely here!) so would need leggings grin

I have a cardi in similar stripe from H&M and grey cord mini I got for £5 in sales, so could try that look too, although people may stare if I wear a skirt, being a confirmed trouser-wearer.

TomsBentPinky Tue 30-Oct-12 11:32:47

What size shoe are you? i bought a BN pair of tall doc martens and don't want them, am about to list them on ebay but only wasnt £45 for them

ThingsthatgoSgreekinthenight Tue 30-Oct-12 11:57:53

I am a size 7.

I am wondering about the cold too considering I am moving back to UK so will feel the cold more.

Maybe I should just get this to live in [hsmile]

AgathaFusty Tue 30-Oct-12 12:12:24

I think you would look fine. The tights are great. If anything, I might say the skirt is just a little on the short side, but you're slim enough so why not?

ThingsthatgoSgreekinthenight Tue 30-Oct-12 12:18:37

I would probably go go a longer skirt but the same style IYSWIM

QuinnFabray Tue 30-Oct-12 12:37:48

37 is not middle aged ( I hope! ). I'm 37 and wear stuff like this all the time. Slightly longer skirt, but still short skirts.

ThingsthatgoSgreekinthenight Tue 30-Oct-12 12:40:21

Ohh that's good to hear Quinn.

I have for more confidence over the past few years to start showing my body off. When I hit my 30's funnily enough. I was worried about taking things too far.

QuinnFabray Tue 30-Oct-12 12:57:06

Yeah, I lost four stone, about five years ago, and decided to wear all the things I could never wear before, before I really do get too old! Always wear opaque tights and mid-thigh is my limit with skirts. And try not to show cleavage at same time as legs grin

3mily Tue 30-Oct-12 15:19:41

I think it is fine. They have similar skirts that a bit longer in next and gap at the moment.

BTW I have those DM's, they are great :D

TapselteerieO Tue 30-Oct-12 15:31:21

I like the look.

I have a version of that skirt from h&m, a few years old now, but it is longer on me - I am 10 inches shorter than you envy and 2 yrs older, still wear mine, it came with a very useful fabric belt. The skirt stretched quite a bit, so might be worth keeping that in mind, it is quite baggy now.

ThingsthatgoSgreekinthenight Tue 30-Oct-12 20:40:08

Thanks all, feeling a lot more confident now.

I can't wait till I get to England and do some shopping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now