Talk

Advanced search

Brushes, sponges or fingers ...how do you apply your foundation?

(9 Posts)
Turquoiseblue Wed 24-Oct-12 21:09:38

That s it really!
Are brushes a gimmick ? I find sponges just soak it up. I m not convinced re brushes either, I think i use lots more than if I put it on with just fingers. i think it s the same with brushes really even though the orange lady told me that brushes used much less etc .... marketing or nay??

ruby22 Wed 24-Oct-12 21:12:52

brush, excellent finish.

I've just bought a new brush - the real techniques expert brush. It is awesome, gives a really flawless finish and makes my evil pores vanish. I have tried fingers, normal brushes, sponges etc and this beats them all hands down imo.

this one

fraktion Wed 24-Oct-12 21:39:08

Brush. I find I do use less too.

CunningPlan Wed 24-Oct-12 21:41:01

Brush. The Body Shop brushes are excellent and not too pricey. 40% off at the moment through Money Saving Expert.

Mybabyseyes Wed 24-Oct-12 21:41:10

I use a brush to dab it on then hAnds to smooth it out. I used to use a sponge but like you said is a waste and a brush left streaks.

huntersmum Wed 24-Oct-12 22:07:52

I put a small amount of foundation on the back of my hand then apply it with a Clinique foundation brush. It gives a really good finish - you can 'paint' into the areas that you might skim over with fingers and I also seem to use less foundation with this method.

DialsMavis Wed 24-Oct-12 23:16:39

Thanks for the link, my lovely friend gave me loads of Laura Geller make up yesterday which was given to her at work. I have been trying to apply the powder foundation stuff with a manly old bronzing brush that I got free in Boots years ago. smile

Turquoiseblue Thu 25-Oct-12 06:49:26

After a control test I do agree the finish is much better with brushes than fingers but I do think I used more product

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now