Talk

Advanced search

Life after maternity clothes?

(8 Posts)
mameulah Tue 23-Oct-12 19:24:35

Our baby is due in three weeks and whilst I know the baby weight (and all the other weight that I can't blame on the baby) won't exactly drop off in two minutes I am SICK OF FEELING FRUMPY. I have spent the last two (okay three) years in baggy jumpers and leggings. Where do you stylish 36 year old-ish women shop? I need some inspiration. Please!

issimma Tue 23-Oct-12 20:27:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SunshineOutdoors Tue 23-Oct-12 21:12:18

I'd buy some cheap stuff after to make you feel nice but be aware you will probably not need them for ages as your shape will keep changing. I bought some cheap skinny jeans from h and m in a size that actually fitted, rather than being in leggings/maternity jeans. Helped me feel nice again as I couldn't get in my normal jeans. I've just started a thread about £7 Primark jeans, maybe something like that with longline vests and jumpers?

mameulah Tue 23-Oct-12 21:23:22

I am/was a size 18 and I think I intend on spending about £100 on new bits and pieces. If the baby arrives in the middle of November then I figure I will spend up until the festivities have passed learning how to cope then I would like to sign up to Weightwatchers and whenever I lose weight (I really have to, I am SICK of being frumpy) get some really decent and stylish stuff.

issimma Tue 23-Oct-12 21:41:40

mameulah Wed 24-Oct-12 09:10:26

issimma, the ebay idea is good, I hadn't thought of there. Have you got a plan about how to get yourself back in good shape after your baby is born?

JuliaFlyte Wed 24-Oct-12 09:18:26

Eve on this blog has a three month old baby and looks great despite the sleep deprivation!

issimma Wed 24-Oct-12 11:29:33

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now