Talk

Advanced search

Clothes/housekeeping question

(9 Posts)
isshoes Fri 12-Oct-12 19:35:53

I have a question about what you do with items of clothing that have been worn once, but don't need washing yet. Do you:

a) Put them away in the wardrobe/drawers with the clean clothes?
b) Wash everything after it has been worn once?
c) Have a special place for them?

I ask because, due to layering, I often wear an item of clothing twice before washing it, and also have a selection of jogging bottoms/sweatshirts that I might wear around the house a few times before washing them. They usually end up in an annoying heap in the corner, which is dreadful, I know. Any tips? Or am I beyond help?

ceeveebee Fri 12-Oct-12 19:38:47

I put them back in the wardrobe - if they're clean enough to wear again then they are clean enough to go in with 'clean' clothes. If not then I would wash them

DizzyPurple Fri 12-Oct-12 19:38:48

Ideally put them away. In the real world they often end up in a heap in the corner! Easier to find though. .

dexter73 Fri 12-Oct-12 20:05:14

They go on the bannister. They look at me untidily until I wear them again and then they can go in the washing basket.

Fisharefriendsnotfood Fri 12-Oct-12 20:07:13

We bought a coat rack for our bedroom for this purpose, works really well

MissBoPeep Fri 12-Oct-12 20:07:22

I tend to have one top and one pair of lounge trousers that stay out on a chair, but other stuff is only worn for a couple of hours or a day if really clean goes back in the wardrobe.

VerySmallSqueak Fri 12-Oct-12 20:13:48

I fold them on a trunk at the end of the bed.
I don't like to put anything that has been worn back in to the wardrobe because I am so paranoid about clothes moths,so I only hang fresh clean clothes in the wardrobe.

Abzs Fri 12-Oct-12 20:30:47

They go on the box at the end of the bed. (DH's go on the floor, or whatever horizontal surface he happens to be near.)

chanie44 Fri 12-Oct-12 20:49:57

mine go straight back in my wardrobe, if they are clean enough to be worn again. I do wear bottoms like skirts and trousers more than one, but not tops.

OH, on the other hand normally leaves his clothes on the floor of whatever room he took them off in......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now