Talk

Advanced search

bra sizes.

(12 Posts)
SunWukong Sun 23-Sep-12 17:11:17

Any experts around who can tell me what I am?.

I'm currently wearing 32D but I've measured and I'm 31 under bust and 37 across my boobs. Is that still a 32D or something else?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 23-Sep-12 17:12:48

30G/32E I think

mummywithnosleep Sun 23-Sep-12 17:14:35

30G or 32FF. BUT plesae put down the tape measure and go to bravisimo. They will have you in a good comfortable, supportive, properly fitted bra quick as a flash.

Actually I'd say start point of a 30F/32E - roughly one cup size per inch so that assumes the range has a DD.

But, how does your existing bra feel/fit:

How is the back - is it horizontal around your body? How far away can you pull it at the back - can you comfortably slide more than a couple of fingers around inside it?

Do the wires sit flush against your chest in the middle?

Do you have lumps/bumps under your armpits that aren't contained in the bra?

Does the wire feel like it is sitting on breast tissue at any point - especially under the arm

Do you have any sort of bump over the top? This might be easier to see if you put a very tight top over your bra, stand side on to a mirror and breathe in and out.

The answers to those will possibly give more of an indication of where to go size wise. However, if you can get to a Bravissimo then do as they are brilliant.

SunWukong Sun 23-Sep-12 17:35:51

My bra seems alright I don't geared marks or anything hanging out.

F size fucking hell.

SunWukong Sun 23-Sep-12 17:36:28

Get not geared.

SunWukong Sun 23-Sep-12 17:41:32

I shall go to this braissimo place I thought they where for huge ones, but apparently I have huge ones.

There's one in ealing according to the website, I've never noticed it.

SunWukong Sun 23-Sep-12 17:53:38

It doesn't mean you arehuge it's just relative to how narrow your rib cage is isn't it, still trying to get my head round the diagnoses here.

Aanyway thanks, I will go bra place next time bf has a day off so I can go out on my own.

Bravissimo does anything above a D cup - but no, an F on a 30 back isn't massive at all. Roughly, a 30F, 32E, 34DD, 36D, 38C etc etc all have the same volume. It's just that most people wear too big a back size, so they wear too small a cup.

That and the press claiming ridiculous sizes like the article the other day that said Kelly Brook was a 34E - ha ha ha ha !

mummywithnosleep Sun 23-Sep-12 19:33:35

F is not huge particularly in a good fitting bra!

I´m a double FF but my band measurement is quite a bit higher than yours and I LOVE LOVE LOVE bravisimo. Their bras actually fit and they have one to suit all prices as well.

Have fun.

SunWukong Wed 26-Sep-12 21:31:11

Well I got a 30FF, ordered a 32FF which will hopefully turn up in a few days, because they didn't have the colour I liked in stock and I have bit of paper with the details of a 30F sports bra I liked but didn't have the cash for.

Check on ebay for the sports bra - depends which one but some such as the shock absorber come up for bargainous prices.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now