Talk

Advanced search

Is this ok for dinner out with the girls?

(7 Posts)
LauraMercier Wed 24-Aug-11 10:49:34

I've ordered this blouse which I was planning to wear with skinny jeans and heels - I've recently lost 3 stone, still have another to go so have never really worn skinny jeans before - am a size 14 and 35 - will this look ok? Can anyone recommend a cheap necklace I could wear with the top? I was thinking some kind of pendant style in silver - just costume and cheap though.

I saw someone dressed in a similar outfit the other day and she looked amazing - she also just happened to have the face and body of a model so I know I wont look anything like her but as an outfit I think it works. We're just going out for dinner in a fairly trendy restaurant. I hardly ever go out either so I've sort of lost touch with what people are wearing other than down the park or at tesco!

TIA

LauraMercier Wed 24-Aug-11 10:51:50

Just looked at the top again - maybe a nice bangle/bracelet would be good as well or instead of a necklace.

Re shoes I have sparkly vintage silver and black peeptoe heels or satin black platform mary janes, or some beautiful poetic london (I think) pink heels - which would work best? Would love some nude heels but can't really spend any more on an outfit

porcamiseria Wed 24-Aug-11 15:04:23

yes thats a nice outfit , well done on the weight loss! also dont limit yourself, try different styles and cuts now you are thinner

wear the peep toes, still summer innit

niccibabe Wed 24-Aug-11 15:13:36

lovely blouse...wish they did in my size! Well done on the weight loss - that's fantastic!!

niccibabe Wed 24-Aug-11 15:18:22

try folksy.com and etsy.com for jewellery - they have pendants from just a couple of quid, and more expensive stuff too.

tethersend Wed 24-Aug-11 15:23:21

yy, no necklace and vintage peep toes. you will look fab smile

LauraMercier Wed 24-Aug-11 18:02:15

Wow! I said i was a 14 but i went shopping today and im a 12! I couldn't quite believe it but tis true, and i went to loads of different shops to confirm, a generous shop would probably see me in a 10! Thanks for all the advice and weightloss comments, i just hope i don't feel like mutton when i try it on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now