Talk

Advanced search

Big tum needs wedding outfit.

(8 Posts)
Shoutymomma Fri 19-Aug-11 08:11:20

I am utterly clueless about style/fashion. Every time I see something I like, it is made for a narrow person. I am a 16 apple, all tits and belly. I have good legs but am only 5ft 4.

What the hell do I wear for my brother's wedding in October? I have to be smart because my daughters are bridesmaids.

Honestly, I HATE having to get all dressed up like a dog's dinner. Sigh.

mfb Fri 19-Aug-11 08:59:03

Hi, I am the same shape and I always find Phase Eight dresses are good. They do good quality stretchy material which often has detail on front to cover tummies.

PlumSykes Fri 19-Aug-11 10:21:55

Am a very diff shape to you, but would suggest that if you are really feeling clueless, go to Debenhams or John Lewis, and ask for a personal shopper. It's free, they'll do the leg work round the store for you and bring you a load of stuff to try, and they'll have lots of experince of dressing women with your shape.

onelily Fri 19-Aug-11 10:37:51

i jst love this print
Hope in ur budget?

Shoutymomma Fri 19-Aug-11 11:02:51

Sorry onelily but I think you can only get away with that if you are thin. I'd look like a granny in that. My sister has a dress from Phase 8, will look at that option.

Shoutymomma Fri 19-Aug-11 11:14:55

Hang on, was that a joke? I am not with it this morning.

coffeenut Fri 19-Aug-11 11:20:23

No to the Selfridges dress.

Phase 8 has some good stuff for weddings. I have a flat tummy (but crap legs!) and they are always too big in the hip and tum area for me, so maybe worth a look.

onelily Fri 19-Aug-11 13:40:42

mmm..then go for something black, coz i think it will make u look slimer.
Try this Or this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now