Talk

Advanced search

I'm a size 12 - would these look ok?

(15 Posts)
EternalPie Sat 13-Aug-11 11:45:29

I'm 5ft 10" and a size 10 on top, size 12 on bottoms. I always think I'm too fat/frumpy for certain clothes so I need honest opinions before I grab my card -

www.next.co.uk/x4856s7

www.next.co.uk/x4890s4

www.next.co.uk/x482022s3

ok they're just a few examples (just daytime wear, I know they're not exactly jawdropping)

What about those cream coloured trousers with a nice belt? do you have to be a size 8 to pull those off?

cyb Sat 13-Aug-11 11:47:50

ERM

You are 5 ft 10 and size 10/12

For crying out loud woman, HOW can you think your self fat/frumpy with those measurements???

EternalPie Sat 13-Aug-11 11:49:08

I know it sounds slim but I have a jelly belly and massive hips and thunder thighs - or a really low opinion of myself maybe sad I don't know I'm just really self concious.

cyb Sat 13-Aug-11 11:50:08

Polo neck is a bit dull-but then I dont thik they suit anyone really

batwing ok

Coat ok
What about a bit of colour?

some of these are everyday but with a bit more oomph

cyb Sat 13-Aug-11 11:50:53

YOU CANNOT HAVE MASSIVE HIPS and be a size 12 at 5 ft 10

I'm a 14 same, one inch shorter and I dont think I've got massive hips

MissBeehiving Sat 13-Aug-11 11:51:29

I was about to post the same cyb. There is NO WAY you can be fat with those measurements OP smile

EternalPie Sat 13-Aug-11 11:53:47

What did you think about the skirt in first pic?

You're right, I do need more colour. All my clothes are black/white/cream/grey - apparantly that is typical of someone trying to divert attention elsewhere grin I need a confidence boost I think!

EternalPie Sat 13-Aug-11 11:54:52

Sorry MissBeehiving - crossed post. Thanks for your kind words smile I have always thought of myself as been fat and flabby - its a hard habit to get out of grin

cyb Sat 13-Aug-11 11:55:37

Didnt see a skirt, 2 jumpers and a coat

MissBeehiving Sat 13-Aug-11 13:15:33

Next quality is shite.

Mmm, what about a tan leather skirt? On trend and practical.

Pencil and good value

lovely shape

Some coloured knitwear - Uniqlo are reasonably priced and wash well

A couple of patterned blouses/shirts?

FoundWanting Sat 13-Aug-11 13:25:41

I like that second skirt, Miss. But have been warned that any more leather will become a fetish. wink

I've got a '£50 off a £100 spend' for La Redoute. Order code 1580. With all their normal terms and conditions and myriad exclusions, but may be worth a try.

MissBeehiving Sat 13-Aug-11 13:39:32

It's your unhealthy interest in skin tight black levver which is of concern Found wink

I quite fancy that skirt - and that's a good code. What are their ordering times like?

FoundWanting Sat 13-Aug-11 13:45:29

No idea, I'm afraid. I bought something from them once, about 10 years ago, and ever since then they have sent me almost weekly offers and discount codes.

I like the skirt in your first link, OP, but not with black. Perhaps you could match the teal colour.

If I had your height OP, I'd be wearing mostly hot pants. smile

MissBeehiving Sat 13-Aug-11 13:49:50

leather naturally

Bandwithering Sat 13-Aug-11 15:49:00

Well you're certainly not going to look fat, ever, in anything. I'm 8 inches shorter than you and a size 10/12 and I don't consider myself fat!!

I don't think that those clothes are particularly flattering though. To anybody. They're ok, but if I were your personal shopper I wouldn't pick them out for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now