Talk

Advanced search

Nice clothes on a budget?

(10 Posts)
mollysmum82 Thu 21-Jul-11 14:47:10

Well, we're down to one salary and relying on credit cards at the end of each month which has to stop. I don't buy a lot of clothes but when I do I try to get nice ones that last. Can you recommend anywhere that sells well-made, lasting and nice clothes at a budget? (for an approaching 30-something lady!)

Many thanks

OldBagWantsNewBag Thu 21-Jul-11 16:10:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

brookeslay Thu 21-Jul-11 18:20:43

good knitwear
Warehouse are worth a look, ditto Zara good for trousers. Kew has good tops.

Pannacotta Thu 21-Jul-11 18:22:34

Have a look in H&M. If you choose carefully you can usually find some decent things in there.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 21-Jul-11 18:23:52

Ebay/supermarkets/the sales

higgle Thu 21-Jul-11 18:36:30

Ebay is your friend if you are on a very tight budget. If you know what makes you like and what size you are in them it is fairly risk free making purchases, this week I have had a virtually new Hobbs linen jacket for £5, and I still find the odd 99p bargain, especially good makes in dark colours that have not photographed well.

Peacocks is worth looking in for cheap nice clothes - not all of it is up to much but some of the dresses are lovely.

levantine Thu 21-Jul-11 20:27:21

I would second ebay, I have got lots of bargains from there, but I shop very conservatively, like higgle, I search for clothes in one or two brands that I know fit me.

Other than that, Zara, H&M and Uniqlo, especially Uniqlo for really good quality jeans. Zara basics very very good for tops

kyacat Thu 21-Jul-11 20:55:16

Another shout for eBay here smile I love Topshop but am currently on maternity pay so I buy Topshop stuff on eBay. Got some great bargains that way!

mollysmum82 Tue 02-Aug-11 13:13:14

Thanks everyone! You've given me some great ideas! I've recently had my birthday so I've got a little bit of money to spend so I want to get a few items to last me! I'll let you know if I find anything good! I'm specifically looking for day dresses.

Soups Tue 02-Aug-11 15:58:05

La Redoute seem to have some good prices in the Autumn catalogue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now