Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had keratin smoothing treatment?

(5 Posts)
D0G Wed 13-Jul-11 21:08:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocolateteabag Wed 13-Jul-11 22:15:48

My MIL has had it done - her hair looks fab. She has been on 2 hols to Spain and it survived the humidity - now been 2 months since she had it done and still looks much softer [and whispers] less wiry
She paid £170 which included a cut and full size shampoo and conditioner.

I am thinking of getting an express version done at the Saks I go to. It's £90 to have the Keratin just blow dried in. But I figure I can then go home and get my own straighteners out and give hair a good go over.
I have 3 colours incl a lightener in my hair and will have the keratin done immediately after my next root touch up. You'd have to wait a couple of weeks after highlights to get it done but it can follow highlights straight away (so says my hairdresser)

chocolateteabag Wed 13-Jul-11 22:16:44

Hmm I went from "thinking" about it to having it done in 2 sentences.
Soooo weak!!

HellonHeels Thu 14-Jul-11 11:20:48

I've had it done twice and really liked the results. It doesn't last long on me because I swim quite a lot, so wash hair more frequently.

My hair is fluffy, frizzy and annoying and it really takes that away. You don't get a really straight result like you would from eg yuko straightening but it's a softer, smoother look.

I paid £60 on a special offer in a salon in Ealing (London), for above shoulder length hair. The groupon deals look good.

Tillyscoutsmum Thu 14-Jul-11 11:23:12

I've had it done twice and loved the difference it made. Mine doesn't last as long as its "supposed" to either because I have to wash my hair at least every other day.

I did it myself (with the help of a friend) both times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now