Talk

Advanced search

ESTEE LAUDER foundations

(8 Posts)
strawberryjelly Fri 08-Jul-11 09:47:34

Anyone used anything except Double Wear?

Resilence? Futurist?

My favourite Clinique foundation has been discontinued in the palest shade and having problems finding a replacement.

I like a reasonable amount of coverage but not a thick texture- if that's not a contradiction.

JoJo586 Fri 08-Jul-11 11:35:33

I love double wear use different but always go back to it. They also do a lighter version. Go in and have a consultation with someone on the counter they do a skin match etc and see what would be best suited to you, that's assuming you haven't already x

strawberryjelly Fri 08-Jul-11 12:03:13

yes, i thought I'd go an ask and get some samples.

Just reading online there doesn't seem to be much difference between the foundations for drier skins- not dry really but need a bit of coverage for a tiny bit of blotchy tan on cheeks- still gets through even though I use SPF25 every day, but is hormone related ( on HRT)

JoJo586 Fri 08-Jul-11 12:06:12

they are really good mind always offer make overs when i go too which is a nice treat they do a double wear concealer which might be good for your cheeks too!

Jammygal Fri 08-Jul-11 16:00:05

I like doublewear light for the summer as it is much lighter but excellent and last ages ;)

HappyAsIAm Fri 08-Jul-11 16:30:48

I have just got through my first bottle of Resilience, and I won't be buying it again. I am a real EL lover - use only their skincare, and only their make-up (with the exception of Benefit high beam). I bought Resiliemce for my dry skin, as they stopped doing Individualist, which I loved. But I have found Resilience too drying, and it is doing me no favours. The colour match is fine, and it goes on fine, but after a few hours, it just dries my skin.

I am going to have to find an alternative and fancy a dewy looking one with a bit of luninescence. Not easy with my pale skin!

Havingkittens Fri 08-Jul-11 21:51:11

HappyAsIAm - try Nars, Lancome Teint Miracle, MAC Pro Longwear, Illamasqua Skin Base, Laura Mercier - all quite glowy and come in very pale shades.

StrawberryJelly you might like the MAC ProLongwear too. It gives great coverage but looks really natural. They also do a Pro Longwear concealer. Unfortunately the only EL Foundation that I've used, and loved, was discontinued about 8 years ago!

legalbeagle76 Fri 08-Jul-11 22:18:26

I currently have double wear light. Great stuff (previously used Clinique Superfit)

I asked for a sample before I purchased it.... the little pot lasted 2 weeks... so you could do that and see if either of them suits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now