Talk

Advanced search

Beach and poolside outfits because I'm fuctifano what to wear!

(5 Posts)
Fuctifano Fri 24-Jun-11 18:22:54

5,6 curvy size 16, large of gut, big of boob and shapely (if white and veiny) of leg. I've invested in 2 properly sized well fitting tankinis. What does one wear during the day in the Canary Islands? Board shorts hide my more redeeming features. Help!

Gorran Fri 24-Jun-11 18:54:47

I shall be wearing one of three kaftan-esque things I have bought, over my swimsuit/tankinis for popping back to the room/to the restaurant for lunch etc. (we're AI in Barbados so won't actually be going 'out' for lunch most days if that makes sense) - for days when we're going out for the day I shall wear (horror of horrors) linen trousers with a nice vest-type top, sundress or skirt/top combo.

Geordieminx Fri 24-Jun-11 19:01:22

kaftan or strapless dress

netbook Fri 24-Jun-11 20:08:12

I've bought this for around the pool/lunch

v cheap too

Fuctifano Fri 24-Jun-11 20:51:54

I'm AI too, Gorran and like that idea, just struggling to find one that does not look like cruise wear for ladies of a certain age. Netbook -loving Peacocks
www.peacocks.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=4739491&prodFindSrc=paramNav plus your nautical dress and maybe a nice kaften-esque if I can find one that DH and DDs don't snigger at. Would they all be ok with flip flops and bright pink birkies? Don't want to look as though I'm trying too hard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now