Talk

Advanced search

Warm non slip wellington boots!

(8 Posts)
WentworthMillerMad Thu 23-Jun-11 15:17:31

Living in scotland and had a few nasty falls / slips on ice last winter. Was thinking Hunter but not sure how non slip they are. Am willing to spend serious money on them - anything better than freezing toes and falling in the street! Help needed!

HeyH0 Thu 23-Jun-11 17:34:25

Muckboots. No one could accuse them of being stylish, but they're warm & have grippy soles. (Not that anyone will see if you're knee deep in snow). They come in at around £50-60 online.

jules2906 Thu 23-Jun-11 18:35:41

I invested in a pair of Navy Hunters this winter and they were fab in the snow. Kept me warm and dry and felt stylish...well, as stylish as you can be in a pair of wellies. I loved wearing them so much I was positively begging for the snow to stay and I now wear them on any rainy day opportunity! Didn't test them in serious icy conditions though, so can't really comment on that aspect.

GentleOtter Thu 23-Jun-11 18:40:08

these are brilliant - warm and non slip. Expensive but they will last.

lostmymind Thu 23-Jun-11 18:54:43

Another vote for Muck boots. Fabulously warm, good grip on the sole depending on the style. Ugly as hell but don't care, my toes were toasty in all that ice and snow

rusmum Thu 23-Jun-11 21:39:22

another vote for aigle ones. i bought some on e bay used. warm, comfy buy sadly too big so will be re e baying.

hopingitsthismonth Thu 23-Jun-11 21:42:56

http://www.allsole.com/clothing/brand/hunter.list

bargain and free delivery :-)

rusmum Thu 23-Jun-11 21:46:24

www.allsole.com/clothing/brand/hunter.list

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now