Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else NOT get excited by new Spring/Summer stock?

(18 Posts)
Millie1 Sun 09-Jan-11 22:16:50

Or is it just me? It's cold, windy and icy outside, I just want to wear my winter willies and yet I look at Boden etc and instead of lots of nice late winter/ spring clothes it's all short sleeved t-shirts with a couple of jumpers thrown in for good measure! Winter stock, on the other hand, I love!

Tell me I'm not alone!

animula Sun 09-Jan-11 22:22:22

<psst, Millie1, have a quick look at the typo in your OP.>

Well, I'm wearing a grey cashmere jersey, bought in the sale in Gap, so I am full of praise for shops hastening towards the summer stock, with a blithe disregard for the actual weather/seasons.

V. toasty, v. v. cheap. Thank you Gap.

But did you get the Guardian this week? There was a fashion spread on winter woolies in it. That might assuage your longings.

Millie1 Sun 09-Jan-11 22:33:52

OMG LOL it's the auto-correct on this flipping iPad!!!!! Sorry folks ... woollies obviously! Your outfit sounds lovely Animula!

LindyHemming Mon 10-Jan-11 11:58:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DirtyMartini Mon 10-Jan-11 12:01:29

Agree with the OP, I don't give a toss about s/s catalogues etc, never find anything I covet. The most I feel is "Well I suppose that might look ok, but I can't be arsed spending actual money to actually get it".

Whereas I actually get quite excited by a/w stuff. Even in the sales.

I live in Scotland though. You never really put away your winter stuff up here.

NinkyNonker Mon 10-Jan-11 12:30:41

I much prefer winter clothing, I guess I just look better covered up!

snowpoint Mon 10-Jan-11 12:42:05

ooh, think I might be wearing same Gap top as animula. And it is toasty and was wonderfully cheap too smile

There is something about winter clothes - piles of warm things in lovely colours. I love the cashmere jumper, scarf, jeans and boots look too. Summer has me a bit lost.

LadyintheRadiator Mon 10-Jan-11 12:44:36

LOL at winter willies

I love winter clothes. Spring is awkward and the sun is too bright.

LindyHemming Mon 10-Jan-11 13:00:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Verso Mon 10-Jan-11 13:11:43

LOL @ typo
You're not alone. I've always preferred autumn/winter stuff to summer stuff too. Rich colours, snuggly fabrics, cover up a multitude of sins... what's not to like?!

Grumpyoldhorsewoman Mon 10-Jan-11 13:26:30

Another vote for winter clothes.

There's just something so, un-clotheslike about scraps of fabric. I like my clothing substantial - chunky sweaters, socks, coats and boots.

I spend a fortune every autumn, so it's just as well I get so uninspired by spring/summer. How can you compare a fabulous wool coat and stunning leather boots with a T-shirt and something linen for the bottom half? booooooooooringgggggg.

Millie1 Mon 10-Jan-11 14:09:23

Very well put Grumpy. I just love it when the autumn clothes start to hit the shops whereas I resent spending money on SS clothes. That said, this year I will have to buy a few things to refresh my wardrobe - I've got birthday and Christmas money which, for once isn't burning a hole in my pocket cos there's nothing I really really need or want.

HelenBa Mon 10-Jan-11 17:50:35

Also get much more excited by beutiful boots and coats.

The only things I really like about shopping for summer are (costume) jewellery as with my scarves and big jumpers I hardly wear any in winter, finding the perfect flip flops, and frivolous nail varnish for my toes!

HelenBa Mon 10-Jan-11 17:50:53

^beautiful!

Rassy Mon 10-Jan-11 19:00:57

Snowpoint and animula I think I have the same Gap top! Is it more of tunic than a jumper?

I too prefer winter clothes. As I live in Scotland, each 'summer' there is really no need to buy any warm weather clothes here! Just plenty of cardis....grin

DirtyMartini Mon 10-Jan-11 19:32:29

I think I want one of these Gap tops you all have. Link?

Rassy Mon 10-Jan-11 19:37:46

Just had a look on the Gap website and it isn't there sad

snowpoint Mon 10-Jan-11 21:15:54

Nope, one I've got is gone. There is a cashmere dolman v neck though which I quite fancy now I've looked!! Must stop buying grey knitwear from Gap, I have a problem..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now