Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What would you wear with this skirt?

(2 Posts)
iwilldothis Mon 08-Nov-10 16:34:03

I have a skirt in the back of the wardrobe that looks very similar to this. Mine was very expensive, from Monsoon, and is about 5 years old. I haven't worn it for about 4 years because I just don't know what to wear with it. Everytime I've done a wardrobe clearout, I've threatened to get rid of it, but something tells me not to each time, but still I never wear it. In that pic, it looks ok with sandals, but what to wear in Winter? and what type & colour top/cardi and coat would you put with it?? ....that is, if you think it's wearable at all?!?!
Tia.

Silkstalkings Mon 08-Nov-10 16:44:37

Does it actually reach your ankles? (I notice the model is squatting a bit as it obviously doesn't reach hers.)
If so, I would go a bit Edwardian with a short fitted jacket and some granny boots. Or a fitted top with something drapey/flowy (cardi, scarf etc) no prints, just rich colours and yummy fabrics, velvet or soft jersey perhaps.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: