Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New boyfriend with 3 year old.

(6 Posts)
Bambi93 Mon 30-Jan-17 11:36:10

Hi,
So ive just started dating a guy whos 3 years older than me with a daughter. I absolutely love how involved he is in her life, i never had a dad who cared like that a so many others didnt have that either. I know he will be happy to introduce me early but as my own mum waited a long to introduce my now stepdad im not sure what to think.
I also do not want to do anything to upset his daughters mum, worry about any boundaries and have absolutely no idea the best way to be as "daddys girlfriend".

Any advice?

Lemon12345 Mon 30-Jan-17 11:40:45

Personally I think you should wait until you are both comfortable and secure in your relationship. It's not fair on the kid if your relationship with her dad falls apart just as your relationship with her is getting strong.

Of course that could happen at any point really, but more likely in the early days.

ElspethFlashman Mon 30-Jan-17 11:44:18

You shouldn't be daddy's girlfriend at all at this point. You could break up next week.

Wait until at least you are planning a future together. And that shouldn't be too soon either no matter how loved up you are - beware an emotionally impulsive man.

Underthemoonlight Mon 30-Jan-17 12:24:56

You should wait longer, you could split up and it can be damaging to a child having several people come and go. if you're going to go the long distance waiting longer wont affect it.

Bambi93 Mon 30-Jan-17 12:36:04

Thanks all, im very sure its too soon and want to do this properly.

2014newme Mon 30-Jan-17 12:39:09

Leave it for now. It's early days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now