Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

BlossomHill.....

(25 Posts)
anniebear Wed 10-Aug-05 15:40:20

Did you mention yesterday that your Daughter was having surgery today?

If so, hope it went well

XXXXXXXX

jayzmummy Wed 10-Aug-05 16:25:18

Hope Dd is on the road to recovery Blossom....let us know how she is and that all is well.xxxxx

Ive sent DD an emailxx

Blossomhill Wed 10-Aug-05 16:29:18

Hi Anniebear and Jayzmummy

Thank you so much for thinking of us today.

Well it all went well but poor dd has been through the mill. She came out from the GA at 10.30 am and didn't come round properly until 1.30 pm. She then walked around a bit, turned very pale and was so sick (even though they had given her anti-sickness drug as she was sick last time). Now she is tucked up in bed fast asleep. She is so pale, poor little love,
She was just laying there saying I want to go home, help me, help me It was awful but thankfully it's all over.
The ENT consultant checked over her vocal chords as she is quite hoarse but thankfully he didn't find anything sinister. He said there is some swelling but that is due to dd shouting and generally the way she is using her voice. He is going to request some SALT to help her monitor her loud voice.
Thanks again for thinking of us xxxxxx

Carla Wed 10-Aug-05 16:29:31

God, no, I didn't. Good luck bh, will be thinking of you. XX

Carla Wed 10-Aug-05 16:30:19

Didn't know, even

anniebear Wed 10-Aug-05 16:36:53

Arrh poor thing

xxx

jayzmummy Wed 10-Aug-05 16:39:54

Bless the little poppet....at least nothing nasty was found.....is the tooth fairy paying her a visit tonight???

hunkermunker Wed 10-Aug-05 16:43:01

Have been thinking of you all today, BH. Thank goodness it's over and nothing was found <<sigh of relief>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Blossomhill Wed 10-Aug-05 16:43:50

The reason she was sick is she swallowed lots of blood during the op. It's so awful seeing your child like that

Blossomhill Wed 10-Aug-05 18:28:38

Oh yes Jm. She will be getting some money as the hospital gave us her teeth in a little envelope with tooth fairies on.
Poor little love has been sick again

monkeytrousers Wed 10-Aug-05 18:54:00

oh, the sweetheart. x

Davros Wed 10-Aug-05 19:14:57

Hi BH, have been wondering about your DD today too. Glad its all over and the Dr found nothing strange in the vocal chords. DS has had dental work twice under GA, he was fine but didn't like it!

Blossomhill Wed 10-Aug-05 19:23:58

Thanks MT x
Hi Davros - unfortunately dd hasn't reacted well at all. Has been sick another 2 times and it was everywhere. She just looks so pasty, can't keep anything down. I can't even give her painkillers and she should have had at least 2 doses by now.
Rang A&E who weren't very helpful. They said bring her up but would be at least a 4 hour wait.
Glad ds was ok with the GA. Dd was last time when she has grommets out, but was sick.
Anyway have my holiday (that I have nothing done for) to look forward to. Just sent dh out for a bottle of wine even though I am on the wagon - I need it!

Davros Wed 10-Aug-05 19:31:20

The poor creature. A&E is a waste of time, she's better off at home if you ask me. Sod the wagon!

Blossomhill Wed 10-Aug-05 19:34:36

Tell me about it Davros. She could get iller in A&E if you ask me!

Gillian76 Wed 10-Aug-05 21:41:29

Just found this Blossomhill. Sorry to hear your wee honey is suffering

Hope a night's sleep helps her feel better in the morning and that the bottle of wine helps you unwind - you deserve it!

Fingers crossed you are all back to yourselves and enjoy the holiday xxx

chicagomum Wed 10-Aug-05 22:00:12

BH glad she's got through it all ok sorry to here she's being sick (its quite common after having extractions after GA as you do tend to swallow a fair bit of blood and that upsets the stomach, hope she's settled now and a good nights sleep will help

heartinthecountry Wed 10-Aug-05 22:11:15

Glad it is all over BH and hope your little dd feels better soon .

moondog Thu 11-Aug-05 13:54:30

Thanks for the link bh. How is she today?
(Good news about the vocal chords!)

Thomcat Thu 11-Aug-05 13:59:09

poor little pickle, hope she feels much better very quickly. Thank God that part is over though aye babes, onwards ands upwards now aye.
TC x

maddiemo Thu 11-Aug-05 16:30:40

Glad the op went ok, although sorry she has been sick from it. I threw up a lot the last time I had a GA and I felt pretty grotty.

Hope she feels on top form soon.

Merlot Fri 12-Aug-05 09:49:38

Only just seen this thread - hope your dd is getting better BH and you enjoyed the wine!

coppertop Fri 12-Aug-05 09:54:25

I haven't been on here much the past few days so missed this thread. I hope mini-BH is feeling much better asap. Good news that there were no problems found during the procedure. xx

Blossomhill Fri 12-Aug-05 11:01:06

Thanks everyone Mini blossom is much better thanks. She is making up for all the food she didn't eat on Wednesday but eatin anything she can get her hands on now!

beccaboo Fri 12-Aug-05 13:38:38

Glad to hear she's feeling better Blossom, you must be exhausted. Good news that her throat is OK

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: